Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have to take any interesting packages to their shipping company of choice?

I'm currently without a car but had to get something shipped this morning. This was not ideal, but I live in a small town so I didn't have to travel far...over big bumps I put my clutch hand back and hold it down good.

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
I'd hang a visible red rag or something to that package. If someone rear-ends that box it can really hurt you.

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts

The third world laughs at your pathetic western industrialized nation idea of an "overloaded" motorcyle! :icon_biggrin:

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
The third world laughs at your pathetic western industrialized nation idea of an "overloaded" motorcyle! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Personally I usually put it in front of me, and it would be sticking in front of the fairing rather than the back. Very easy for it to just fall out get damaged like that.

I've put all types of stuff on the tank and ridden short distances. People look at you funny but oh well

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have done the exact same setup with a box almost exactly the same (even the bike is the same color, haha)

I did put a flag on the back just in case...

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I usually put it in front of me, and it would be sticking in front of the fairing rather than the back. Very easy for it to just fall out get damaged like that.

I've put all types of stuff on the tank and ridden short distances. People look at you funny but oh well
I took a box a couple weeks ago to FexEd with it on the tank/top triple. I didn't have it secured...at the time I hadn't purchased a Bungie Net.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have done the exact same setup with a box almost exactly the same (even the bike is the same color, haha)

I did put a flag on the back just in case...
Yeah I thought about putting a flag up...but I didn't have anything I could use and I was running late for work. If someone would have hit that box they would have hit my bike first...unless it was a big pickup truck or something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Drove with two new Bridgestone BT-023's last week. Needed them in a hurry for a weekend road trip, but could only get one-day shipping at honda powersports. Ordered them there and carried them around my waist for 10 km :) They were a 160/60 and a 120/60. Must have given a thousand people dinner topics that ride :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts