Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm home all day today but actually expecting my Tankbag from NewEnough.com tomorrow. Then an hour ago I check the FedEx website and it says that the package was delivered today (??).

I go check outside and there is nothing. So online it says "Package delivered at 11.44AM, no signature required".

So let's say FedEx did come by at 11.44AM, why didn't they knock or ring the bell? I wasn't in the restroom or taking a shower etc at that time so I would definitely have heard it... I live in a gated community (condos), have never seen anybody from outside walk in that didn't belong, hard to believe that neighbors took it but it's a possibility. The thing that bugs me the most is that the guy didn't even knock on the door when he left the package...

I'm going to contact FedEx and NewEnough.com and will keep you guys updated on everything.

Let's just hope that the FedEx guy delivered it to one of the neighbors and that neighbor will return it tomorrow (although they had the chance to do that all day and nothing so far)..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Geez.......good luck.......that kinda stuff freaks me out.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I've never liked FedEX because of that. When they deliver stuff to my apartment they usually tap so lightly on the door that I can barely hear it and they are out of the building before I can even get to the door.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Uhg I really am not a fan of these people. Ordered a $300 laser diode that specifically noted to be fragile and it came in what looked like a stepped on box. Thankfully there was like 100 layers of bubble wrap or it could have been a big fiasco.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had this happen about 3yrs ago with FedUp(FedEx). I was expecting a new phone to be delivered so I check the tracking # and to my surprise it said 'delieverd at xx:xxam; no signature required.' No package anywhere to be found, I called FedEx they said 'they would call the driver and call me back.'

This was on a Friday and I really needed the new phone. Call the phone company and they were shipping a new phone to me. Well the next day I start to walk out my front door and find the package that was 'delivered' the day earlier. I guess the driver had a hot date or something and knocked off early so he just marked package as delivered and dropped it off the next day. No one ever knocked both days.

Good luck hopefully your situation is similar to mine.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
If it is a gated community, is there a sales/management office you could check to see if it was left there?

This is why I have everything delivered to my work, where we have a fully staffed loading dock responsible for receiving and routing incoming everything.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yep DEFEX sux. Same happened to me for a sign for delivery so my wife stayed home to sign for it. They say they rang the doorbell and knocked on the door. BS because my very protective German Shepherd goes off if someone walks past the house that alone rings the bell or knocks. I called DEFEX and told them I wanted it today and they had the driver come back.

UPS always deliver the packages inside the storm door, DEFEX leave it on the front step, 5 feet from the footpath.

On the moron scale, DEFEX is definitely a 10.

Unfortunately I only order from newenough only when I have to and just because they use DEFEX.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
2 cents:

Talk to your neighbors. My friend had this happen. He went bonkers trying to figure it out. Even went as far as starting the insurance claim on his package. A few days later, his neighbor came over...with his package. Thought he was doing him a favor - said he was worried someone would steal it off the porch before he got home, so neighbor picked it up & took it into his house for safekeeping. Problem is, he forgot about it for a few days, then remembered it & delivered it to him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hopefully it will turn up. Sometime I find packages at the front door also. Hopefully my new enough delivery will show up today.

S

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
They deliver to the wrong house in my neighborhood a lot. A couple weeks ago they delivered a 100 lb package to my house instead of the address which had a different house # AND street.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If it is a gated community, is there a sales/management office you could check to see if it was left there?

This is why I have everything delivered to my work, where we have a fully staffed loading dock responsible for receiving and routing incoming everything.
My apartment complex is gated and I just had my tankbag from newenough delivered. I looked at my tracking info and it said the same thing "Delivered at xx:xx am ; no signature req." Usually when i get a package there is something on the door say "you have a package", but fedex doesn't even come into my complex they just drop the stuff off at the front office and call it delivered.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Write down the tracking number, call the customer service line and find out. Normally someone has to sign that's a little out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
720 Posts
about 1/2 the time I order from newenough, FedEx delivers my package to 400 2nd ave in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan, where I live. They've done it 3 times now, so annoying to have to wait an extra day or two for them to get it right.

However, I like the fact that I don't have to sign, because the FedEx guy comes when I'm at work, and I live ina decent building on a floor where I know everyone, so I don't mind them leaving the package.

Though the UPS guy just comes along around 6 instead, which is cool cause I'm home to sign for stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Write down the tracking number, call the customer service line and find out. Normally someone has to sign that's a little out of the ordinary.
Nah, with Fedex and UPS they drop and run unless it says "Must sign". I have been in my garage working and had both the Fedex guy and the UPS drop a package on my porch and never say a word to me, even though I was only 20 feet away, LOL.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i've had them put stuff on the BACK porch...

check the website, 'delivered'....

the next day i go to the shed, hmmm, a box on the porch!!

check ALL around your place, bushes, back porch, etc...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I usually use my working email as the email address and a few weeks ago a message came up stating that my $300 loading ramps were just delivered. I called home and asked my wife if anything was delivered or if anything was at the front door..answer was no. So I called FedX and they managed to contact the driver almost immediately. At the same time, I asked my wife to walk down the driveway and look accross the street..yep, they were at my neighbors house, package leaning against their garage door.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The other thing is Fedex drivers will pre-scan any driver-release (no sig required) packages. Technically they aren't supposed to do it but my driver scans every package at lunch and drops it off whenever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE

So I called FedEx and the customer service rep says that they will contact the station and driver and that they will be calling me back with additional info. I told they that it was important for them to call me asap, the rep told me she would mark it "urgent" but it could still take until the end of the day for them to contact me..

I'll wait for a few hours and give them a call again to see if they have anything yet.

I'll also talk to a few neighbors today. I seriously hope one of them received the package (and will return it lol). It's a gated community but there is no management office because all condos are owned not rented.

I keep hearing negative stories about FedEx, I've had hundreds of deliveries from UPS without a problem, this is acutually my 2nd(!) FedEx delivery and they already managed to F it up lmao..

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Those guys never knock!!!!!! Last time I was sitting on my living room and saw the guy passed through the window but I never heard a knock or anything so I went out the door and he was leaving already, left the packaged and didn't even bother to knock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts