Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the Turtle Rock bar in the Lake Berryessa area.
Beautiful twisty roads through out the area, meet lots of riders, excellent food, and the BEST egg rolls I've ever had! Do you have a favorite eatery in your riding area?

Turtle Rock Bar and Cafe is a favorite with bikers

·
Super Moderator
9,433 Posts
That looks like a great place, Soul. Turtle Rock is 400 miles away from me, but man, those egg rolls look good. I may have to take a road trip. :- )

In my area The Rock Store on Mulholland Hwy is a biker favorite. We used to have Hell's Kitchen on Ortega Hwy, but sadly, that is now closed.

Reactions: Soulspinner

·
Registered
664 Posts
Over here, mine has to be the Loch café at Bala, which overlooks Llyn Tegid, a lake in North Wales. It's a 170 mile round trip from my house on some of the most sinuous, flowing twisties through some beautiful scenery.

View from the car park, the café is 50 yards from where the pic was taken:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
There is a buuunch of them around here. Small places located in various country towns and byways around SW Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Farmer's Daughter Cafe in Galena MO, Fat daddy's BBQ in Forsyth MO, The Cliff House Inn on 7 hwy outside of Jasper Ark (The Cliff House Inn of Jasper, Arkansas | Home of "Company's Comin' Pie"), Several places in and around Eureka Springs Ark, Dawt Mill on the White River (Welcome to Dawt Mill), which is a stop on the "Mill Tour" (Missouri Mill Run Ride Map). And for a homey old school drive in, Pop's Dairy Dell in Reeds Spring is great. This is "just to name a few".

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bedford Social Club in Bedford, VA. Just down the hill about 10 miles from Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great place for dinner and you can camp at the Peaks campground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the Turtle Rock bar in the Lake Berryessa area.
Beautiful twisty roads through out the area, meet lots of riders, excellent food, and the BEST egg rolls I've ever had! Do you have a favorite eatery in your riding area?

Turtle Rock Bar and Cafe is a favorite with bikers
Can't wait to visit. those egg rolls look unreal. only 1.5 hours from SF :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I used to like Palomar mountain, but the weekends became a madhouse and was detrimental to learning and improving. Mothers where the South grade and East grade roads meet is kinda meh.

I believe Hells kitchen burned down in one of the latest fires. The Rock Store has celebrities like Jay Leno drop by from time to time.

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,088 Posts
I used to like Palomar mountain, but the weekends became a madhouse and was detrimental to learning and improving. Mothers where the South grade and East grade roads meet is kinda meh.

I believe Hells kitchen burned down in one of the latest fires. The Rock Store has celebrities like Jay Leno drop by from time to time.
It did, unfortunately claiming the life of the owner's dog. I had ridden past many a time but never stopped in.
I used to stop into Mother's Cafe but it's hardly worth it. It's been closed the last few times I rode up there. I like hitting Palomar on a Friday morning if I'm off work, other than that the weekends are crowded. I've run into large bike groups, but also car clubs. There is a Porche club that runs up there that can gum up the works.

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
Mine is a place called Jones Store. The food is not particularly good but the place is so remote into the Central Sierra (open only from May through October) just getting there is a day's ride of amazing roads. You can chose dreamy twisty paved roads or endless dirt trails... or better still, combine both!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My favorite is 'Two wheels of suches' up in Suches GA. Surrounded by twisty roads including the maybe too popular Blood mountain. Great food there, lots of bikes, and they host lots of events throughout the year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's a little ways from the twisties, but we always seem to stop at Moo Thru for ice cream. It's a good ride to take Rt. 211 up over the Sky Line Drive. then run some nice rural back roads.

Moo Thru is owned by a local dairy co-op. only ice cream place around that the ice cream tastes like fresh home made.

Moo Thru | Ice Cream Shop - Northern VA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts