Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have been lurking for a while. This sight has been very helpful, even contributing to me recent purchase of a naked SV.
I am in need of a tank bag or 2. Probably a larger 1 and a smaller 1.
Any information is greatly appreciated

My question is:
What is your favorite tank bag? and Why?

Thanks
KSGEAG

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a cortec that has been verry usefull. not sure what bag it is exactly but i can fit a pair of size 13 shoes and shorts and a shirt in it with a little room to spair. hope this will help. is also magnetic with map pouch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use this one, for a large bag. It doubles nicely for a tail bag with some bungee straps.

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=16450

Dan

_______
I'm not a big fan of having a big tank bag and have seen that one. Nice bag - I have the smaller version and anjoy using it as it doesn't get in the way of seeing the gauge cluster and the magnets hold like glue, also with the strap around the trip top it is easily moved for refueling.
http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=31243

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use an Icon Urban Tank Bag, MSRP ~100.00. It's a great utilitarian pack. It has backpack straps, really strong magnets, and a helmet carrier. It's the perfect size for the SV imo.

However, be careful of magnets on tank bags as it may pick up metal shavings and other loose debris that can scratch the tank - I learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I made a post in this thread: SVR Thread - re: tank bag

My tank bag is a MotoGear tank bag. It can fit about 7-8 16oz gatorade bottles in them. I take it whenever I'm just out cruising with no true purpose but to ride. It' comes in handy to hold gloves, sunglasses, wallets, cell phone, or whatnot.

I got it from Costco.com: here

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have an icon urban tank bag as well.

I wouldn't call it perfect, it's just a mite too big, but it's great for storage capacity without being TOO bothersome. I can fit a weekend's worth of supplies for my gf and me into it without much trouble. However, solo I prefer to just strap it down to the tail with a bungee net, it can get in the way when I have to really crank the turns.

I'm still looking for a more compact one that isn't unreasonably tiny for day trips. I picked up a $12 recon off newenough since I was buying a jacket anyways and my coupon balanced it out so it was "free". It has suction cups, and they suck balls. It's also uselessly tiny, I can't even fit a water bottle in it.

however, it is very well constructed, so I will be looking at rapid transit recon tankkbags for my next buy, albeit a magnetic one. If anyone has experience with a suction cup tankbag and can explain how to get it to stay on, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I use an Icon Urban Tank Bag, MSRP ~100.00. It's a great utilitarian pack. It has backpack straps, really strong magnets, and a helmet carrier. It's the perfect size for the SV imo.

However, be careful of magnets on tank bags as it may pick up metal shavings and other loose debris that can scratch the tank - I learned that the hard way.
+1 on the Icon Urban. Can hold tons of stuff, side pockets hold a bunch too, and its a good looking back pack. Don't use the helmet carrier that often, but when I do, it's super handy. I take this bag with me everyday, wherever I go, whether I'm riding or not. If I were a chick, this bag would be my purse....

Only complaint....the organizer pockets on the insde aren't very useful cause stuff falls out of 'em too easy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
+1 on the Icon Urban. Can hold tons of stuff, side pockets hold a bunch too, and its a good looking back pack. Don't use the helmet carrier that often, but when I do, it's super handy. I take this bag with me everyday, wherever I go, whether I'm riding or not. If I were a chick, this bag would be my purse....

Only complaint....the organizer pockets on the insde aren't very useful cause stuff falls out of 'em too easy.

I use this bag as well. It pretty much goes everywhere the bike goes. No complaints, I love the thing.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Ihave tried many (and still own them all) but keep going back to ol' reliable...an Eclipse standard strap mount. Holds tons of shyte...stays put in the twisties...easy to move when filling up, and best of all, was purchased nearly 20years ago and still works fine. Google it. I think Eclipse is still in business.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought my fieldsheer contour when I had the SV and it worked great (still use it today on the new bike). I love magnetic tank bags, the one thing I will caution is be sure there isn't something stuck to the bottom of them, or on the tank or you will end up with scratches.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I have a cortech bag that I've used for a couple of years and love. I believe that it's called the super mini.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a joe rocket manta xl, which i seem to like. Its large enough for my lunch and some thermals, or will hold a whole gallon of milk , (for size reference) and the magnets are very strong. It has a built in pouch for a rain cover and backpack strap. Had it for a couple years now, and its still holding up fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts