Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some fat grips for my SV.

Getting the throttle hand numbness when I'm on the bike for a while. I've got big hands, and I'm almost certain that if I get some fat grips on the new bars when I install them, it'll help me alot.

I've got ProGrip 719 gel grips on the bike right now, but I want something bigger in diameter.

Any suggestions?

New bars are gonna be 7/8 diameter, obviously.

·
Chief Greeter
28,966 Posts
Looking for some fat grips for my SV.

Getting the throttle hand numbness when I'm on the bike for a while. I've got big hands, and I'm almost certain that if I get some fat grips on the new bars when I install them, it'll help me alot.

I've got ProGrip 719 gel grips on the bike right now, but I want something bigger in diameter.

Any suggestions?

New bars are gonna be 7/8 diameter, obviously.
I was at a Triumph demo, I rode the Truxton and T100, they have fat grips on those bikes. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
You might want to try Ebay for classic English motorcycle parts. I bought a set of 'Gran Tourismo' grips for $12 or so. They're a bit larger in diameter, and they're designed so that there's a cushion of air inside. They dampen the vibes of my old Triumph pretty well, and they're great on the SV. You can just cut the ends of them out to mount your bar-end mirrors. That's what I did.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might want to try Ebay for classic English motorcycle parts. I bought a set of 'Gran Tourismo' grips for $12 or so. They're a bit larger in diameter, and they're designed so that there's a cushion of air inside. They dampen the vibes of my old Triumph pretty well, and they're great on the SV. You can just cut the ends of them out to mount your bar-end mirrors. That's what I did.
Found them. Gonna keep an eye on them, while still looking for other options before I commit to anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pro grip 714's are a bit fatter than the 719's. They are cushy and comfy but you have to cut the ends out of them for bar end mirrors since they are made for motocross, no biggie though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry forthe thread resurection, but just wondering if anybody has tried the Oury's? ive got em on my mtn bikes and love em...just wondering how they are on the SV?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I was at a Triumph demo, I rode the Truxton and T100, they have fat grips on those bikes. Good luck!
That is because they have 1" diam. handlebars

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put Grab On foam grips on for the same reason. Old school but I like em...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts