Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new gaskets for when I check my valve clearances. (and shims just in case)

I have had two bad experiences with motorcycle parts sites. Where can I get OEM parts that will ship out in a reasonable amount of time?

What site do you guys recommend?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Reasonable amount of time? If you cant wait for it to ship in 3 to 5 business days then I'd just order from a local dealer.
My local dealer gets shipments twice a week.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered that option. I don't want to order over the phone, and work 10 hours a day. I would prefer to have it shipped to my home, in a reasonable amount of time..

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Reasonable amount of time? If you cant wait for it to ship in 3 to 5 business days then I'd just order from a local dealer.

+1

My local Suzuki dealer has pricing nearly identical to RA or Oneida, and almost always has my parts to me in 2 days. The only time it took longer was when the parts lady (!) wasn't there when I stopped in to place the order. Some other shmuck placed the order and F'd it all up. When Carol placed the order a second time (since the other parts were 'lost'), they showed up in two days, just like normal.

So the point is...never order parts at my local dealer unless you speak with Carol. ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
It would depend on where you are. Most of these guys are probably ordinary dealers and so they would get their delivery, then ship it to you.

Also, an internet place that ships quick but is on the opposite side of the country isn't going to do much good. Then there's the UPS charges. Just get it local. having a relationship with the local dealer can be valuable if you need someone to talk to about technical matters.

The internet is cool and all but...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True. Prices are near identical. But, I don't have time Mon-Fri to go ordering parts at a Suzuki dealer. I'm not getting much help here..

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, to clarify, my bad experiences with motorcycle parts offline was having to wait two weeks + to get something to my door. On one instance, it was OOS but allowed me to order it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Also, to clarify, my bad experiences with motorcycle parts offline was having to wait two weeks + to get something to my door. On one instance, it was OOS but allowed me to order it.
Actually, my dealer is located inconveniently for me. The last thing I ordered from them I asked if they could mail it to me, which they offered to do at no charge. Since the dealer is so local it comes overnight. Even if you had to pay for it maybe it's worth it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
local dealer will be the fastest. If you can get your order in before 10 or 11am, they might even be able to get it the next day.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
in the time it has taken you to post in this thread, you could have looked up the part numbers you needed, looked up the phone number for your dealer, and stepped out for a 'smoke break' and had the parts on the way to your door.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oneida takes time. Or at they did both times I ordered from them. the fastest online service I have gotten usually is from ebay. Most of the fast shippers (kneedraggers, Newenough) don't sell parts. I hate to agree with the rest, but local might be the only option if you need it fast. Call the local guys, order with a part number over the phone so they can't screw it up, and then stop by on your lunch break. Get a buddy to go pick it up if you're too busy. Sorry if that isn't what you wanna here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ron Ayers was pretty fast for me last time. I think they shipped out in 2 days and I had them by the 4th day. My local dealer is faster though, but their hours are only 9-6pm and I usually can't get to them during the week unless I take time off work.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
www.bikebandit.com Generally fast shipping and reasonable shipping rates. Not always the cheapest since you have to pay shipping. But I have used them a lot over the years, if you are an AMA member you get a discount.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
www.bikebandit.com Generally fast shipping and reasonable shipping rates. Not always the cheapest since you have to pay shipping. But I have used them a lot over the years, if you are an AMA member you get a discount.
Bike bandit has always been good to me. Fast ground shipping, and they offer faster delivery services if you want to pay more.

And the 10% AMA discount is nice, covers the shipping on larger orders.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in the time it has taken you to post in this thread, you could have looked up the part numbers you needed, looked up the phone number for your dealer, and stepped out for a 'smoke break' and had the parts on the way to your door.
No joke. All I wanted was a referral to a motorcycle site to order the parts from. Not a debate about Suzuki dealerships / online part ordering. This thread definitely went in the opposite direction that I was intending.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
No joke. All I wanted was a referral to a motorcycle site to order the parts from. Not a debate about Suzuki dealerships / online part ordering. This thread definitely went in the opposite direction that I was intending.
Welcome to SVR... ;D

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Who said anything about jokes?

You simply said that you've had trouble with 2 different online sources and that you wanted parts fast. your dealer can solve BOTH OF THOSE PROBLEMS.

Welcome to SVR, I mean you got here in june, but you must not understand yet- threads rarely go the way you want. Sorry I didn't tell you the Bike bandit or Ron ayers both have fairly quick service and good prices. The fact is that calling your dealer would probably get you your parts QUICKER AND CHEAPER. As other users have stated, oftentimes the dealer will have the parts drop shipped right to your house- often times free of charge.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just make sure to put my order in 3-5 days before I know I'll need it. That means planning on my part but I can only blame myself there.
Wow, this is an amazing concept. Advance planning AND owning up.

Good going!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts