Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the naked look so much I was thinking if perhaps any of you or anyone you know has converted a Gixxer to a naked by taking the faring off? Anytime I plan on upgrading from my SV I think ill have to keep it naked.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
you mean like this

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
idesigner said:
thats kind of cool, didnt even know that. thanks for the info.
gixxers are thought to be the original street fighters. go to a barnes and noble or a tower record and look for a magazine called street fighters its british and kinda expensive (i usually pay 8 bux for it) but if your looking to do a naked gixxer or a street fighter you can't beat the ideas/resources they have in it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
how about scannin some of the ad pages in the back of it to give some us links BA ;D
sadlyi gave out all the issues i had and never got them back  :'(  but i got all the pics i wanted for my wall out of them first  ;)  but yah next time i buy one maybe tomorrow now that i think about it.  i'm put some of the links in here (i don't have a scanner)

svtrob said:
or just get a triumph speed-4 
yah but thats no fun.... why buy some thing when you can spend all your time and money building it.  plus the speed 4's suck the only triumph any one is allowed to buy is the new speed 3.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
yah same with buell although buell needs to stop using harley engines. :mad:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think only the pre-96 GSX-R's look good fightered.  I have a 97 "SRAD" style GSXR that I've always considered doing this with but they always seem to look goofy.  I think it has a lot to do with that massive frame.  

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
frayed said:
I think only the pre-96 GSX-R's look good fightered.  I have a 97 "SRAD" style GSXR that I've always considered doing this with but they always seem to look goofy.  I think it has a lot to do with that massive frame.  
yah thats what i'm going to be looking into building in a few years get a pre 96 gixxer 750 and drop in a tricked out 1100 engine it will be sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
ahh well thanks anyways BA

Im just sick of searching finding a site that looks promising and then nothing.
yah i know its frustrating trying to find good stuff.  even for the sv.  you'll find a company that makes bad @$$ stuff only to find out that don't make it for your bike.

this is more to my liking as a project bike

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
pretty much ive already come up with a solution to one of my problems tho. The new problem is i dont know anyone with an R1 ;D I was lookin at the B4 fairing I forget who makes it...then was like oh wait thats the one weezer has :-\

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
very kool.

you know one thing thats been pissing me off is the way street fighters seem to be going. originally it was a d.i.y. thing and now it seems as though its becoming just like the whole chopper idea. a lot of the street fighters are gaudy and none functional. i think the one thing that should be put up front is that the bike should handle as well as it looks. i think thats important. its great if the bike looks awesome but if it doesn't ride well whats the point. then you just have a 400 pound piece of modern art.... and i hate modern art.

on a side note i was also looking into getting a bandit 600 but they don't seem to be too popular here.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yeah from my understanding being able to buy something everyone else has isnt really a streetfighter. But I digress I know my limits on what i can and cant do and making my own fiberglass fairing is a bit outta my league. But 600 dollars for a bikini fairing and 2 lights is just stupid to me.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
Yeah from my understanding being able to buy something everyone else has isnt really a streetfighter.  But I digress I know my limits on what i can and cant do and making my own fiberglass fairing is a bit outta my league.  But 600 dollars for a bikini fairing and 2 lights is just stupid to me.
yah exactly. lucky for me i'm very good at doing stuff my self. i'm gonna tackle the whole fiber glass thing my self come spring. if i can do it well enough maybe i'll make you one.

another thing you should look into is robbing stuff off of other bikes. i.e. if you want dual head lights look through a perfectly good used parts yard for early gixxer head lights. or buell lights. actually i think you can get the buell lights brand new for a stupidly low price. sure it take a little more work to get them to work but i've learned if your going to under take building some thing like a street fighter your going to have to sacrafice 1 of 2 things. either time or money. plus you have this board to back you up. i mean i wouldn't have even thought of putting a gixxer shock in my 05 if i hadn't been on this forum. i got every little bit of info about it to the point where i knew exactly what i was doing with out the slightest doubt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts