Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what I am doing wrong , this is the 3rd attempt to post this question. The previous 2 have not shown up.. Even after purchasing & installing mirror extenders, all I can see in my mirrors are my elbows. I guess I will have to go to bar end mirrors , getting rid of my bar end sliders. These should not affect my heated grips, right? Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand of mirror, a distributor, company? thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: mirrors

emac said:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong , this is the 3rd attempt to post this question. The previous 2 have not shown up.. Even after purchasing & installing mirror extenders, all I can see in my mirrors are my elbows. I guess I will have to go to bar end mirrors , getting rid of my bar end sliders. These should not affect my heated grips, right? Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand of mirror, a distributor, company? thanks
I like my napaleon bar end mirrors. They are like $60 though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
mirrors

Monstrack makes some nice mirrors that clear my elbows. They'll cost you some jack though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mirrors

Have you already tried the Suzuki GS500F (2004 model) mirrors? They have a 1-1,5 inch longer stalk than the SV mirrors, but they look identical. Should be available for around the $35 a piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts

emac said:
I have the Ken Sean bar end mirrors from www.denniskirk.com and they work great. Not the highest quality, but at 18 bucks each, what can you expect?

I can finally see past my gigantic shoulders.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I too have the Ken Sean bar end mirrors, cheap and they work well.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts

Jimmie said:
quit riding with your elbows out. you'll get better gas milage too!!!
I get three quarter view when I tuck my elbows in which is more than enough to see what is going on.
I have Chewy's extenders that I bought from a board member. The stalks are straight out at their furthest.
No complaints here. Another thing that tucking in my elbows do is remind me to relax my grips and posture.
I adapted very quickly to the S model and that is no mean feat for an arthritic 48 year old ;D

·
Registered
536 Posts

I have the Third Eye bar end mirrors. Made for bicycles, but I like them. $11 each. I got them online from Lickton Bikes. Don't know about the heated grips, though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aftermarket Mirrors for an 05' 650S?

I can't stand the stock mirrors on my bike and want to get some opinions from all of you out there. What are the best functioning (visibility wise) and best looking mirrors on the market?

Thank you!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Mirrors for an 05' 650S?

I think I could probably be considered to be beating this into the ground, (feel free to post the dead horse) but I think Monstrack mirrors are the best looking. They are made for Duc Monsters, but if you tell Kevin what you are gonna use them for, he'll send you a set for the SV.

Here they are.

Haha, I love a reason to pic whore. ;D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

WOW, those look awesome! What's the cost approx?

·
Registered
469 Posts

The Duc mirrors are sweet but they also cut down the area of visibility as they are smaller than stock, correct?

·
Registered
238 Posts

yeah weezer post some more pics of your bike. :eek:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

Ick, i have to say I don't prefer those mirrors. I'd rather see my elbows using the stock mickey mouse mirrors, than to put on those. I think they stick out TOO far for my taste, but i'm sure they work splendidly. Meh, to each his own!

·
Registered
220 Posts

Having cruised the threads on search mode, KTM duke mirrors can be had for about $75 and they look great. Just do a search on KTM duke and you'll find'em.

I've got the website to buy from and part numbers needed if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.