Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short-the water tem reached 104 degrees Celsius, and the fan didn't went on. Usually it started at 101-102 degrees. I strapped the connector that goes into the fan switch and the fan started. By doing this I eliminated a fuse problem, so it remains the fan switch. Problem is that those thingies are expensive as hell, anyone knows a cheaper replacement? Maybe one from a car that fits into sv650 radiator threads and has the same starting temp?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I found a replacement for 1st gen bikes. I put a 1st gen rad on my 04 so somewhere I have the old 04 switch if you want it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a replacement for 1st gen bikes. I put a 1st gen rad on my 04 so somewhere I have the old 04 switch if you want it.

That would be awesome, what would be the price?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Free (if I can find it) I'll go look. Pm me your info.
Thx, I'll talk to a friend of mine to see how much is the transport to Romania. Where are you from?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Thx, I'll talk to a friend of mine to see how much is the transport to Romania. Where are you from?

I'm in Traverse City, Michigan. (northern USA)

Looking at the postal service website, it looks like only $5 for 1st class mail or $17 for priority mail. Not sure the difference in price is worth it since the time difference is not that great.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Traverse City, Michigan. (northern USA)

Looking at the postal service website, it looks like only $5 for 1st class mail or $17 for priority mail. Not sure the difference in price is worth it since the time difference is not that great.
I'll take the cheapest one...not in a hurry :D send me an pm with your email and other datas for paypal payment. A friend of mine will pay you trough his account.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts