Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
What the heck are you asking? I can't understand.

If your asking about when the radiator fan comes on and turns off.....it comes on at 220 and kicks off at 214, I think.

Y

·
0 Posts
Dude, cut back on the caffine and stop posting... you dont even own an SV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I do, I just bought a 03 SV1000s
Im talking about the funs under the gas tank attached to the radiater. What temp dose the fans kick on? Im asking because I was ridding last friday in traffic and the temp got to 210, the bike was getting pretty hott.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
the fan will come on when it needs to.

your typing IS pretty funky today.. maybe Nates right.. lay off the caffeine :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
MountindewSV said:
yeah I do, I just bought a 03 SV1000s
Im talking about the funs under the gas tank attached to the radiater. What temp dose the fans kick on? Im asking because I was ridding last friday in traffic and the temp got to 210, the bike was getting pretty hott.
See my above post for temps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm sure there is some electrics guru could help, but I have no clue how to do that.

I really see no need. I have NEVER had a problem with it over heating.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope, your right it's not over hearting. it was just getting alittle warm and I was just wondering if you could change when it kick in

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you really must....

Hardwire it to the battery along with a switch to turn it off and on. Piece of cake.

But don't.

You don't run into problems until you've hit 245 degrees or so. With a properly working fan and full fluids, you won't see 230 guaranteed.

N

·
0 Posts
Don't know fer shere, but with the 650 -and every thermo switch I've seen- the switch supplies the ground path when it closes. If you wire a switch in parallel with the leads going into the switch that'll give you manual control for your fan.

If it means that much to you, I bet you could find another thermo switch that'll be a direct replacement for the SV's but with a lower opening point. You'd need to do some research, probably down at the Suzi dealer or Ron Ayers, maybe starting with the TL, TL-R or V-Strom.

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
LOL 220 give a or take a few °

Yes you can put a switch in-line to turn it on whenever you like!

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts