Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to buy some new riding gear for the summer and want some advice. I have an ICON ARC mesh jacket that I used last season, but it is just a bit too big on me (I am thinking about selling it, it is an blue & white XL if anyone is interested). What I am thinking about potentially buying is the
A3J armor from www.bikeapparels.com

I hope the pictures show up...I might have screwed this up.

Here is a link if the pictures dont work
http://www.bikeapparels.com/m/armors/full/Motorcycle_body_armor_jackets.html

[/IMG]

I think this armor looks pretty badass and it is only $125...my question is how well do you think this would hold up in a crash. I would not be wearing a jacket over this. I feel like the protection for the main areas of your upper body looks solid, but definitely lacks in other areas. I was also considering the Joe Rocket UFO Jacket, and I was looking at the Joe Rocket SuperMoto Leather/Mesh combo jacket. I live in MD so it can get pretty hot and muggy during the summer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have my doubts. You still have chance of road rash in a few places. In a bad crash I think the pads could get moved and then you would have no protection in places like your elbow/forearm.

That is just a guess. I hope you never have to find out if it works or not.

·
Registered
308 Posts
googled FAMMZ and some one on 600rr said

"I have their chest and back protector. I had to remove the elbow and shoulder armor to get the protector to fit in my Joe Rocket 1 pc suit. Workmanship is crappy. The elbow and shoulder armor is held up by a single thread. They are suppose to meet European Level II on armor impact ability, but I have my doubts. Oh well, at least it's cheap! I would not recommend them unless you're totally broke and that's all you can afford."

compared to the similar things that knox and alpinestars makes it looks cheap which is probably why it the price is.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
T-Pro Forcefield armor... They make a sweet full upper set-up that's nice.

I have the Joe Rocket Speedpro back protector (which is a T-Pro, just with Joe Rocket crap on it). And LOVE it. I have had four different back protectors (Kobe, Teknic, Knox and Joe Rocket) and none fit as nice, mold to your body and do not constrict movement as the T-Pro stuff does. Plus it is some of the best stuff out there, protection wise.

The FAMMZ, just looks...well, hokie. Is it CE certified? Is the back protector (which doesn't look long enough) CE Level 2? The way the plastic plates are stacked, doesn't seem like it'll allow to move very well.

Just my 2 pennies. :nana:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Man, I dunno. I would rather have a jacket with the pads inside. At least if you fall, all the leather(or mesh) would hold the fads in place. Plus you would have those areas where your skin is showing to get hurt. I wrecked in a Joe Rocket leater jacket and that POS tore apart so bad. I still have shoulder issues 3 years later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I too am trying to figure out some good options to stay armored during hot weather.

I am leaning towards the Fieldsheer four seasons mesh pants and Fieldsheer High temp jacket but I have not purchased yet.

Just commuting to work I don't want to be drenched in sweat when it's pushing 100 degrees with high humidity and I have chosen to encase myself with the wrong armored product!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
These things aren't designed for road warrior applications. Don't be stupid wear a jack over it.

If you're that concerned about staying cool in the summer, wear a perf/mesh leather/textile jacket with a camelbak with ice water inserted into the back protector pocket.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have Dianesse mountain bike upper armour, that I do not use on the motorcycler, but have thought about it. Way better than that crap, but I'm sure, more $$$...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts