Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would get this started now since were already halfway through August. The Fall Crud Run is Oct 7th. I am definitely going. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us so I figured a couple groups for sure!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'll be there, pending the weather forecast of course. Probably drag my dad along, and maybe a friend or two this year.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
I'm on call, probably just run out to Pine Bluff, may not go to Leland unless its really quiet at work.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keebs I know Chris was planning on coming down. If you wanna come down Saturday to that would be awesome! We usually like to be at Pine Bluff by 9 so that would be a very early morning for you to get to my place by 730 or 8. You could come down Saturday! Chris crashed on my couch last year, we should prolly find somewhere for all of us to crash. There's a small motel just down the road from my place.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm down with whatever, I may just try to do the early morning scenario. Now that I'm getting SW Wisco map I can take decent roads instead of slabbing it down.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm in. Will be a good chance to get some use out of the gerbings gear :)

Where does this ride generally go? Is there a different route every year? I think I remember talking to mopar and fastlil1 about this ride at slippery lucies or whatever that place was called in lacross but don't remember

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Where does this ride generally go? Is there a different route every year? I think I remember talking to mopar and fastlil1 about this ride at slippery lucies or whatever that place was called in lacross but don't remember
It's not really a ride, it's more of a bike show southwest of Madison. We usually only put on 60 miles or so. We spend more time looking at bikes than riding.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

There *is* a ride Jeff but it's more of a leisure run. No set route and the cops are usually all over anybody being a douche-bag... even BMW dual-sports!

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Karie's been cleaning like crazy lately. I have plenty off room for people to crash here if they want to come down Sat. Keebs I'm talkin bout you! I would like to go riding Sat the 6th and head up towards LAX! I know Chris is planning on crashing at my place again. I have air mattresses. I have a fire pit, bars right down the road from my place, you name it!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Looks like I will be making a run to Eau Claire for more firewood that weekend, don't know when I will get back on Sunday as I can't leave until Saturday morning.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Nope, just pilling up the oak as I can get it. Got access to two full oaks that were dropped this year, can't pass up good firewood.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Kelley, I'm not sure exactly what counties are quarantined, but I know there are several in western WI and here in eastern WI that have Emerald Ash Borers while central WI is clear, and there are hefty fines for spreading it.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Kelley, I'm not sure exactly what counties are quarantined, but I know there are several in western WI and here in eastern WI that have Emerald Ash Borers while central WI is clear, and there are hefty fines for spreading it.
True this.

I am not telling you not to do it, I am just giving you facts:
All hardwoods, not just ash are quarentined from moving out of county for Trempealeau and La Crosse for sure, not sure about Eau Claire. Even if they aren't quarentined, I belive there is a 50 mile limit to how far you can transfer fire wood. The penalties are incredably severe. Don't recall exacts off the top of my head, but I do know you can buy a lot of oak locally with the price of a single fine. All that said, I don't think there is really an enforcing aggency for it. I think Wardens patrol for it a little bit at State parks and such, but aside from that, I really doubt any other law enforcement know/care. Though.... I have heard of State Patrol being pretty strict on hauling, so it is possible they would know the law and plan to follow it.

Found this for you: LINKY

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Well, I'm following the guideline for the oak just to make sure the trees aren't the result of oak wilt disease. And it's not going to be used in state parks, it's for personal home use only.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Probably count me out for the crud run, I've had a bit of a run in with money issues in the last couple weeks. If anything changes I'll make sure to let you guys know!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts