Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my fairings upper and lower rattle against each other going over bumps and I was just wondering if a.) that's common and b.) anyone had a solution more clever than putting foam tape on the contact points as a cushion (cuz that's all i can think of right now).

I know the PO had the fairings resprayed, perhaps there were rubbers or some sort of separators I'm now missing? All the hardware (screws/bolts) holding the parts together are tight, but even with a quick finger rap on the side plastics I can see the parts vibrating off each other.

One good thing about this happening is that it alerted me to the stock shock spring rattle others have grumbled about... I would've assumed there was a problem (other than them simply sucking in general). This isn't that though...

Any ideas appreciated...Thanks.

ps. Yes I know, take the fairings off is the best solution... I'm not ready to join the nudist colony just yet. =]

·
Registered
443 Posts
The fairings would normally have stick on foam tape that goes right where the contact point is with the nose fairing, Mine has that on there and protects from the fairing rattling against the nose fairing. If you can get some of that foam tape thats probably the area that its vibrating against as I dont think there are any other areas where it touches the body exactly

·
Registered
60 Posts
The fairings would normally have stick on foam tape that goes right where the contact point is with the nose fairing, Mine has that on there and protects from the fairing rattling against the nose fairing. If you can get some of that foam tape thats probably the area that its vibrating against as I dont think there are any other areas where it touches the body exactly
I agree and if he resprayed it was pulled off. It isnt anything special its just like the cheap weather stripping they sell at lowes / home despot. I had to buy some when i repainted plus mine was falling off. Only problem I had was they didnt have any black so used grey (mistake) since I can see it through the gap. It goes along the outside edge of the lower. I think the stuff i think you need pretty thin (about 1/4 inch wide and about as thin as you can get). Picture shows where it is supposed to be via the green line. (picture is not my property)

May want to also make sure the push pins that connect the two halves are all in place and all the attachments are tight. All the attachments except the top should have a rubber gasket in them and i think a little plastic screw sleeve. screw / attachments are in orange circles and the plate with the 4 pins that connects are pointed out by the red arrows. If you can actually hear it while riding I am betting it is the bottom plate with the 4 push pins. could get a plate and drill it and put little screws in or possibly even ziptie it until you do get something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts