Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put an aftermarket fairing on a standard? Which one? I would like to put a fairing on a standard similar to a Bandit 600S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm confused.
I am guessing you are referring to an sv650 that you want to convert to an svs?
It has been done. I would think you could buy an upper from a parted out bike, do some re-wiring and and be on your way.
The SVS looks similar to the bandit 600S

·
Registered
42 Posts
suzuki used to make an oem fairing for the naked, I had it and it is very protective, but you will look like CHIPs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the bike yet. I am just planning a project bike. I do not want to make it into an "S". I would like it to be more like my Bandit S. I like the more upright riding position of the standard but would like some wind protection like on my Bandit. I think the SV650 engine is the engine around and would like to have the SV engine with the Bandit S fairing, with the standard riding position.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
blchandl said:
Anyone put an aftermarket fairing on a standard? Which one? I would like to put a fairing on a standard similar to a Bandit 600S.
I have contemplated getting a faring for a Motoguzzi Sport Scura, it would require some fabrication for a faring stay , on the handlebar end , it mounts to the sides on the 7" round headlight like the suzuki flyscreen, but need additional support to the handlebars, they make then in carbon fibre for around $400

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got a Suzuki Factory Fairing. I think they call it a "Mini-Fork Fairing"
$239.00 color matched with a nifty Suzuki logo on the plexi. Anyone know if Oneida's is cheaper?

·
Registered
37 Posts
F-15 Tour Shield

I have an 03 SV650 with a National Cycle F-15 Touring shield, which is around $100. The shield protects you somewhat from the wind, but I still get buffeting. If I lay on the tank like I'm racing, I can easily hide behind the shield and feel no wind. The shield seemed somewhat weak from semi truck wind blasts on two-lane highway, so I added a third point of support (rubber) between the shield and my speed/tach. National Cycle also makes a Plexistar 2 for the SV650. The plexistar is quite a bit wider than the F-15 and more expensive than the F-15. The F-15 looks sportier, though. I am like you in that I wanted the naked riding position, but with the fairing. But to add an aftermarket fairing to the SV would be sooo$ high. So that's why I decided to go with the windshield for around $100.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah that plexistar2 would make for smooth cruising on the highway... won't help your gas mileage though!

I think I am going to pick one up for my wife's GS500e... she'd be so much more comfortable on the highway.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Willius said:
$239.00 color matched with a nifty Suzuki logo on the plexi. Anyone know if Oneida's is cheaper?
Yup $173 shipped. I just put one on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blchandl said:
I don't have the bike yet. I am just planning a project bike. I do not want to make it into an "S". I would like it to be more like my Bandit S. I like the more upright riding position of the standard but would like some wind protection like on my Bandit. I think the SV650 engine is the engine around and would like to have the SV engine with the Bandit S fairing, with the standard riding position.
What's wrong with the S-model? It would be cheaper and easier to un-S it than to hang an aftermarket half-fairing on the naked. There are a number of products to raise the S's clip-ons, or to replace them entirely with tubular bars. Replace the S rearsets with naked parts (straight swap, probably cost ya nothing).

If it's about S ergonomics there's things you can do. If it's about the S aesthetics- good luck!

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's wrong with the S-model? It would be cheaper and easier to un-S it than to hang an aftermarket half-fairing on the naked. There are a number of products to raise the S's clip-ons, or to replace them entirely with tubular bars. Replace the S rearsets with naked parts (straight swap, probably cost ya nothing).

If it's about S ergonomics there's things you can do. If it's about the S aesthetics- good luck!

:)[/quote]

Yes the issue is ergos. A friend of mine did the conversion on his S. I would like the fairing to be higher than on the S. His was an '02 model so maybe the '03 and later would be better with the tall Suzy windscreen? Right now, just a pipe dream, need to pay some bills first. Wish I never sold my '03 standard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
asp125 said:
Willius said:
Yup $173 shipped. I just put one on.
2 questions:
-does anyone know if the 2nd gen. fairing will bolt up to the 1st gen. (minor mods acceptable)
-can you still get the '01 anteres red paint to paint it with?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Strick said:

2 questions:
-does anyone know if the 2nd gen. fairing will bolt up to the 1st gen. (minor mods acceptable)
-can you still get the '01 anteres red paint to paint it with?
Prolly have to mod the heck out of the inside. The gen2 fairing is molded to fit around the 03+ instrument pod. You'd have to dremel away some of that to fit the gen1's dual round instruments. Other than that it uses the stock signal locations and headlight bracket holes; provided the spacing is the same on the gen1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts