Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just recieved my fairing bracket from Morse (thru svraceshop). Installation looks simple enough. Except the holes don't match up. I don't have my body work yet but it seems like the ear tabs are awfully low. Stock gauges don't look like they will fit either. Really I just want my tach, but it is all one unit.

So anyone else have problems like this? What brackets are you using?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i use endurance engineering fairing stays. they're light and exact fit to the stock ones.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
C41 if it doesn't fit correctly we can get you an Endurance Engineering unit like Kris uses, they are excellent. Call the shop and we'll take car of it. (402) 408-4400

I use a Morse/GP billet on my G2 and it fits perfectly, but I use the EE subframe. It fits exactly also.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'll take a picture of mine today and post up, it was very easy to put the standard G2 tach on. I'll be switching to a Veypor or a MyCron later in the season.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah let's see the pic!

I have an S model. So the gauges are all on cluster. I could care less about my speedo. The tach would be nice though

·
Registered
606 Posts

Hopefully you can see how it went on from the photo's. I simply bolted a piece of aluminum on the front and
bolted the gauge cluster to it. It is very easy. It is strong and doesn't move about. ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
hey duc, let's see some more shots of the 2g!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'll post some pretty soon. It was Frankensteined together for Jennings a couple weeks ago.

I haven't installed the new SBK motor, big radiator, new tank, DLC Showas and new upper/lower fairing yet. It hasn't been thru the weight loss program yet either.

The '06 GSXR1k tail and the GSXR1k forged OZ 16.5's wheels are on it. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Okay, so I put the radiator on today and decided to snap a couple shots so you can see it's progress. The first shot shows how I modded the fairing bracket to hold the G2 gauges.

I was embarassed by how it looked so cobbled together at JenningsGP. I ziptied the old bodywork on and it was not sorted at all. It'll be well setup, very carefully assembled and completely ready to go next time out. ;) I'll post a couple more pictures when the red SVRS tank and GSXR1k type fairing is installed later in the week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sv looks so bad ass! Is there another thread all about it?
What kind os rear wheel is that? and rear brake?
what is that funny lookinf thing on the left side of the motor?
And would the gixxer radiator work for a sv w/ oem fairings?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I love Twins said:
That sv looks so bad ass! Is there another thread all about it?
What kind os rear wheel is that? and rear brake?
what is that funny lookinf thing on the left side of the motor?
And would the gixxer radiator work for a sv w/ oem fairings?
The rear is a modified GSXR1000 OZRacing 16.5 x 6 - This is a tough swap. The wheel and cush had to be machined a lot to gain clearance and get centered correctly.

Rear brake is a Brembo scooter caliper with a custom made billet mount

The thing on the left is the battery box & battery

You'd have to measure to see if it will clear that fairing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Cyanide41 said:
ducowner.... Do you happen to have a pic of the actual gauges? I am just curious if it is the same style that I am using.
They are the same as the guages at the beginning of this tread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.