Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My first thread disappeared, so if this is a double post, I apologize.
Just joined the site but have been an avid reader (lurker, creeper, etc.) since I purchased my first SV last winter. I've done quite a bit of work to it, and read several posts about people looking for radiator shrouds. After checking with Oneida, Wild Hair, and the dealership, I grabbed some off of a dirtbike and took the dremel to them for about 20 minutes. Sanded, primed, painted, stuck 'em on. Still need to wetsand and polish them. I know they don't compare to the aftermarket ones, but they also didn't cost the $300 Oneida wants (more like $15). Ill try and post better pictures later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man I really appreciate it; I spent a lot of time looking around for the exact things I wanted. Here's what I currently have:

DRP Belly Pan
Oneida Rear Hugger
Oneida Rear Cowl
Wild Hair Fender Extender

Painted most of it myself, so it really wasn't that expensive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turtle - that's about the best shot I have of them. You can snatch them up for pretty cheap on EBay. They're not very high quality, so I suggest adjusting them perfectly for your blind spots then JB welding them in place because its cheap material. After setting them in place, they work great for me, but I kept my stock ones for inspection.

A lot of people seem to be going the bar end mirror route, which I like too. Either way, search EBay and your local craigslist and I'm sure you can snag a pair (or two) that you like for cheap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The feedback that I'm looking for is whether they look good enough to skip purchasing the real deal for 200ish. Here's 2 similar pictures, with the blue ones being exactly what I want. I definitely like those better, but my current ones cost me around $40 including paint. I can't help but waiver back and forth between springing for the Oneida ones and saving the money for something else overpriced that I don't need :)

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I'll give you a +2 for the attempt. But something about them doesn't look right to me, almost like they're not finished is the best way I can describe it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll give you a +2 for the attempt. But something about them doesn't look right to me, almost like they're not finished is the best way I can describe it.
I couldn't agree more. I think they look decent, but they don't have the sharp lines that compliment the frame like the Oneida ones. I'll probably stick with them for a bit, but I'm keeping my eyes open for some different ones. With a dremel and some paint, you can basically make any shroud fit. Or I'll eventually break down and order the real deal, but that's a serious chunk of change for some plastic, and I'd rather spend that money on 15 tanks of gas and become a better rider.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
yeah I hear you with that. One person got the z1000 shrouds to fit with a few angle brackets. It was a past SVOTM winner too. Looked pretty sharp. I thought about doing that at one point but I haven't had any time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd say they look off due to the angle. The Oneida ones are made to match the bikes angles and the ones you have are just too vertical. At the end of the day it's whether you like em or not though, not what some guys on the interwebz say...

Sent from my iEverything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts