Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I put in an order for your swingarm sliders and motosliders for my faired sv650s, and I'm anxiously awaiting the beginning of may when you said they'd be available...

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask a question and pitch an idea to you...

There's this guy in the UK (chewy) who makes front fork sliders for the sv1000, but thats kinda too far away for me to order. Plus, his fork sliders aren't listed as compatible with the sv650.

So....

Have you ever considered fabricating front fork sliders for the sv650 or sv1000?

Just a thought. :) -Nate

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
For the fork sliders ask Dougz.
For stock Sv650 front ends, the axle is not hollow..its solid. I have made about a dozen sets, buts its a PIA, because you have to put the axle in the lathe, center drill it, then tap, for installation of he pucks. They hold up pretty well for low speed slides, but due to the weakness of the bolt, they have the potential to snap off in a high speed impact.

The SV1000, like the GSXR's, has a hollow from axle...which makes it easier to make a better design....which holds up better in any crash.

I am on a break from machining stuff right now....so no good on getting the front axle sliders for now...unless someone else decides to start taking on the same thing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For stock Sv650 front ends, the axle is not hollow..its solid. I have made about a dozen sets, buts its a PIA, because you have to put the axle in the lathe, center drill it, then tap, for installation of he pucks. They hold up pretty well for low speed slides, but due to the weakness of the bolt, they have the potential to snap off in a high speed impact.

The SV1000, like the GSXR's, has a hollow from axle...which makes it easier to make a better design....which holds up better in any crash.

I am on a break from machining stuff right now....so no good on getting the front axle sliders for now...unless someone else decides to start taking on the same thing.
doug,
have you fired up the lathe yet?
i am looking for some fork sliders for my 05 GSXR 600 front end conversion

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Doug is no longer making any products. He posted about it in the open forum a little while back.
If any of the PM's are about any products I used to sell..I will say I am no longer making any products, and have no intentions of making anything soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts