Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it wrong that I really, really want an SV650? I currently ride an F4i, but want to add an SV (nekkid) to the garage. Wife says one more year until I can have 2 bikes, so I guess I should start planning. I may be able to talk her into getting it sooner. The roads around here really lend themselves to SV-esque bikes. Tight twisties and fast sweepers. My F4i is great here, but it begs me to twist that throttle. I want to keep the CBR for commuting to work and longer trips (I've taken a 1500 mile trip on it, no problems) and have the SV for the weekends on the Crest and other such roads. Anyone here own a V-twin and a 4-cyl? Let me hear from you!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rob,

I used to own an F4i and it was a fantastic bike. Honda really can produce some refined products. I found my F4i best at track days. The bike was simply confidence inspiring. If there was only one complaint is the bike was too refined if thats possible. What I mean is compared to an SV its got no character. From the minute you fire up an SV mill the thing just makes you smile. The power delivery on the SV lends itself much more to be an everyday street bike. No it wont have the track prowess nor the top end rush of the CBR but thats not what an SV is all about. If you can have both you'll possibly have the best of both worlds.

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
What the hell is it with F4i and SV? It seems like theres a connection. I ride both. Own the SV and my buddies F4i is stored in my garage, so thats ridden by me too. Its cool waking up and choosing what to ride today. If my goal is cruising, or to make some noise, its the F4i. Although its setup swell for suspension, I still pick my SV when I'm out to hit some certain roads. Usually I'll pick the F4i for two up riding too, cause the smoothness is appreciated by my passengers. F4i is a lil more fun for the wheelies too...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like I'll be keeping my F4i and adding an SV. I agree about the "vanilla factor" with some Hondas. I have a Civic that is totally practical, but I hate it. It has no soul, and no balls. I don't feel that way about the F4i, although I do think it has less character than a six-fitty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can tell you first hand, it is a great combination. I just picked up an '02 sv650s about 4 months ago, and I gotta tell you I LOVE IT! Oh, and I do have a F4i that I bought brand new in '01. The F4i is a great bike, and it's definitely great on the track. But I also hear good things with the sv on track. Hopefully I'll get to find out in a few weeks. The sv is definitely low on power compared to the F4i, but it's hard to compare the two. Trust me, you will not regret having two bikes, especially the F4i and the sv650.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Young. Today I'm off on another adventure. I'm bringing my camera so hopefully I can post up some pics later tonight or tomorrow. My riding buds and I are heading west from here (Antelope Valley). Laters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts