Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a F3 wheel that measures 4.5" (17MT4.5). Can i still mount a 180 tire? Or is there a large F3 rear wheel i need to use?

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
I've got a F3 wheel that measures 4.5" (17MT4.5). Can i still mount a 180 tire? Or is there a large F3 rear wheel i need to use?
:) 4.5 inch is not an F3 wheel, 4.5 is the F2 size.

There is no benefit over what you already have for that,

The F3 Wheel is a 5 inch wide rim,

NO 5 inch width, , No F3 rim, return it to where you got it, if you can,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yeah, I'd measure or whatnot or look inside it but I'm not home for two more weeks yet. I know its size due tot he fact that after buying the ebay item I talked to the guy on the phone and it turned out we were old riding buddies and he hooked me up with the best one he had. Even got a brand new dunlop tire on that rim. I didnt realize he bought a junkyard but when I go home I wIWLL be stopping by.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) 4.5 inch is not an F3 wheel, 4.5 is the F2 size.

There is no benefit over what you already have for that,

The F3 Wheel is a 5 inch wide rim,

NO 5 inch width, , No F3 rim, return it to where you got it, if you can,

Blair
I bought a spacer kit from you on ebay. If i were to use the F2 wheel i got, can i still use that same spcacer kit?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I bought a spacer kit from you on ebay. If i were to use the F2 wheel i got, can i still use that same spcacer kit?
Think about what you just asked. Would the spacers for a 5" wide F3 wheel fit a 4.5" wide F2 wheel.

Why would you want to? Unless I am missing something here it wont benefit you (unless of course you have no rear wheel whatsoever).
+1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think about what you just asked. Would the spacers for a 5" wide F3 wheel fit a 4.5" wide F2 wheel.

+1

The reason i ask is b/c i already have 2 F2/F3 wheels and a spacer kit. I'm turning my SV in to a track bike, and it would not hurt to know if i can use those wheels as spares, that way i can run different size tires.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
The reason i ask is b/c i already have 2 F2/F3 wheels and a spacer kit. I'm turning my SV in to a track bike, and it would not hurt to know if i can use those wheels as spares, that way i can run different size tires.
Man I give up. I went to Ron Ayers and was looking up part numbers and it looked like everything was the same, then I noticed that the wheel part numbers were the same too.

Maybe someone can measure their F3 rear wheel hub and you can compare.

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
F3 wheel rim size 5 inch not same as F2

:) HI you do not have F2/f3 wheels, you have either F2 or F3 Wheels,

The main differences are the wheel width 4.5 = F2 and 5.0=F3

You want the F3, the conversion kits are made for them.

There are lots of F2 racers out there, Sell the F2 Wheels and buy a true F3 Wheel. Then you will be set.

The Conversion kit you have allows you to swap between the F3 Wheel and you SV650 OEM wheel as is they were both stock.

If you want to run different size tires do it that way.

Blair

1 - 11 of 11 Posts