Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people talk about getting a f3 wheel (I'm assuming for the added width out back [am I correct?]) What all goes into "making" it fit? Does it fit "as is?" Mods? What size tire usually comes on it? What is the benefit? does it have the same rolling circumfrence? And lastly, what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen AFRICAN swallow?

·
Registered
135 Posts
kingnothing said:
I've seen people talk about getting a f3 wheel (I'm assuming for the added width out back [am I correct?]) What all goes into "making" it fit? Does it fit "as is?" Mods? What size tire usually comes on it? What is the benefit? does it have the same rolling circumfrence? And lastly, what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen AFRICAN swallow?
Just spacers made by TWF or The SV Race Shop. Bearings in it are right for the 2nd gen bikes axle. Will fit a 160 to a 180 profile tire. Make sure it's a 5" rim before you buy it. It's marked on the inside of the forks of the wheel. More contact patch while leaned over. Depends on tire profile and air pressure and ......

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
anyone know if it is any lighter?

·
Registered
276 Posts
A corollary question: will the front wheel fit? I know its a silly question. I just think it looks a little... odd, having mismatched wheels.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can barely see the front wheel.

It is burried in rotors. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
eisenfaust said:
A corollary question: will the front wheel fit? I know its a silly question. I just think it looks a little... odd, having mismatched wheels.
Not without major custom fitting and expense.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Find some F3 forks and calipers and the front rim will fit right up. You don't even need new triple's either. Plus you get cartridge forks then too. Clayton can set those bad boys up for you too. You'll be winning races left and right like Valentino Shunrossi from the SVraceshop.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Omaha 1 said:
Find some F3 forks and calipers and the front rim will fit right up. You don't even need new triple's either. Plus you get cartridge forks then too. Clayton can set those bad boys up for you too. You'll be winning races left and right like Valentino Shunrossi from the SVraceshop.
*laugh* I dont think I'd be winning any races. I"m not *too* shabby, but I'm certainly not a racer.

But, seriously, F3 forks bolt up? I take it you'd have to replace the brake master cylinder and lines as well, given that I doubt the suzuki calipers and rotors will bolt to an F3 wheel and fork.

What about the length of the fork being different? Couldnt that affect front ride height?

·
Registered
606 Posts
It isn't exact, the width is off just a little, but it can be made to work. F3 forks pretty much suck in stock valve form on the SV. Have someone fix them if you do it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Heh, I really doubt I will. I'm was just curious. I'm not even an SV owner yet (soon, I think. I just need some time to go shopping. My GS is dead... so, its time to upgrade. Yay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts