Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What caliper do you use with the F3 rear wheel and rotor ? Does the sv rotor fit ? Does it need to be modded at all ?

Rich

·
Registered
419 Posts
use the F3 rotor on second gen...not sure about the 1st gen, there is a size issue you have to deal with. +1 for 2nd gens :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;D yup ! I've been takin it up in the mountains past few weekends and I'm glad I didnt let it go !

My bike is an 03 , so what I'm wondering is , will the stock SV caliper work on the F3 rotor ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why worry about the rear brake?? I am planning on removing mine all together cause I never use it at all ever. All I need is the spacer, the rest is just extra weight. And believe it or not I am still using the stock brake pads and lines. We'll see what happens when I become a track regular next year. I do have one SS Galfer line for the front that works and the other has a broken Banjo so if I can find a single line then those will go on. I also have some Vesrah pads that Kris sold me, so that should make it twice as nice when needed. Rear brakes are for noobs. :D ;D ;) j/k

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why? The county inspector only looks at vehicles that are new to the state. There is no inspection in NE for current road worthy vehicles. But, I could be wrong?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Omaha 1 said:
Why worry about the rear brake??
The Rear brake is pretty darn handy when you go on those unanticipated offroading excursions -- whether on the track, or the street. The front brake is NOT what you want to use in these situations.

I know from experience. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
our club requires a fully functioning rear brake system (or at least one that can pass tech).  most folks i've talked to don't use it - except for the experts of course - you think they know something us newbies don't? ;) - jeff h

1 - 14 of 14 Posts