Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will an f3 front rim work as well as the rear?

i know you need that bearing kit for the rear but i saw some fronts on ebay, just curious

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I've seen the front done, but I believe it requires using the F3 fork bottoms, which takes a tad bit of work. Can be done, but just might be too much.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
novakane said:
ok so the front is a pita, how about the rear, which years will work with twf spacers?
95-98. The F2 wheels look the same but are 4.5" rims and not 5". Unless you don't care and are just going to put a 160 tire on it anyways.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The F3 front can work with F3 forks, proble is spacing is different. If a custom set of triples is made using a SV or GSXR steer tube, then no problem or if a set of F3 triples is adapted to the SV steering head. Either way can be done.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
DucOwner said:
The F3 front can work with F3 forks, proble is spacing is different. If a custom set of triples is made using a SV or GSXR steer tube, then no problem or if a set of F3 triples is adapted to the SV steering head. Either way can be done.
but he could prolly buy an aftermarket wheel designed for the sv for the amount of money he would spend in fabrication to make the heavy ass f3 front wheel work.. right?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i was going to put a 180 tire on my bike eventually but i hear thats not a good idea, i should keep it the way suzuki designed it? or is that total bs?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Im puting a 180 on mine eventually. I went up two sizes on my GS 500 to a 150 from the stock 130, keep in mind I also did a wheel swap so each tire was on a specified wheel that it was rated to fit, and I notice not handling difference for the worse, I was told by many that it would slow the bike down, but I didnt notice anything, the bike handled great, hooked up much better on accel. Im sure it wouldnt hurt the SV either as long as you get all the spacing right and put and specified tire on the correct rim.

G

·
novakane said:
ok so the front is a pita, how about the rear, which years will work with twf spacers?
F2 front may be easier to bolt than F3.difference is in rotors mounting.I have F2 wheel here but no rotors to try and fit.
spacing is realy close to sv but not sure about diameter.
all F2 anf F3 rears will work,F2 are 4.5 and F3 are 5 inch.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
novakane said:
well i was going to put a 180 tire on my bike eventually but i hear thats not a good idea, i should keep it the way suzuki designed it? or is that total bs?
Its a mixture of both. Seeing as how I just swapped the F3 rim on with a 180 tire, I can feel a difference. Definately different, but its just a matter of setting things up properly.

Edit: Check out this thread, its enlightening http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=40630.0

·
Registered
505 Posts
Oh no, not THAT thread again!?!? :eek: I still can't figure out why DucOwner hasn't mounted that 240 rear tire with the chrome rim on his SV yet..... he'd be so much faster...... :-\

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
twf i have a rim pending on ebay right now at the moment, f3 wheel, i forgot the year

you have a kit i can buy from you that pretty much just bolts right on so i can take it to the local bike shop and have him switch the tire on there for me? also when/if i get this rim off ebay its going to need to be powder coated so what would i buy from you? i assume you have all the bearings and spacers i need to do this, everybody raves about your conversion kit

G

·
novakane said:
twf i have a rim pending on ebay right now at the moment, f3 wheel, i forgot the year

you have a kit i can buy from you that pretty much just bolts right on so i can take it to the local bike shop and have him switch the tire on there for me? also when/if i get this rim off ebay its going to need to be powder coated so what would i buy from you? i assume you have all the bearings and spacers i need to do this, everybody raves about your conversion kit
yes,I have whole deal.if you will powdercoat rim I will include other stock F3 bearing also.you will need to take them all out for powdercoating.
just let me know when you ready.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts