Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever had this happen? The rebound screw is stuck on 1 fork. I've never seen cartridge forks internals before, how easy would it be to fix?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Several years ago I had one siezed from improper re-assembly (Thank you SVRaceShop!). I can't imagine any other way for them to sieze except for maybe it having no oil for a long time.

Pulling the cartridge is usually pretty easy but I wouldn't take the cartridge apart.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have you had this fork for awhile or is it new to you? Did it used to work then stopped, or has it always been seized?

If they are new to you, then the previous owner most likely removed the caps and did not set them properly before reinstalling them. Fixing it is easy, but you have to wonder why they removed them and what else they messed up.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147565

Read this thread. It is a good walk through of tearing down a Honda conventional cartridge fork. At the end, Zoran(TWF) describes the method of setting the rebound adjustment before installing the cap.

P.S.-you should include your location in your profile so guys local to you can offer up assistance. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in south jersey near cherry hill. I bought the forks used on ebay. I'll tear them apart today and see what's the deal. I also bought a set of f3 calipers and found out the pistons were rusty near the edge. I guess a wire brush to that?

·
Registered
795 Posts
<<SNIP>> I also bought a set of f3 calipers and found out the pistons were rusty near the edge. I guess a wire brush to that?
Clean the rust off for sure, but if there's any pitting evident, you need to be sure it's no where near where the seals will run.

.. Gregg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts