Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can f3 forks be used on the sv? i know the rear wheel can, and i know everyone is all about the gsxr front end, but what about the f3? would it be worth it? how much work is involved?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think they are way longer so it would look funny. You should ask the SVRaceShop guys, they work with F3 stuff for the SV.

J

·
0 Posts
I may be wrong but im pretty sure shun's bike has an F3 fork on it or atleast the internal's from 1. Anyway Jarel or Ducowner would be the best to ask.

·
Registered
505 Posts
jaycee said:
I may be wrong but im pretty sure shun's bike has an F3 fork on it or atleast the internal's from 1. Anyway Jarel or Ducowner would be the best to ask.
Shun's bike has stock SV lower fork tubes (and axle/wheel, except his is a Marchesini) with F3 upper tubes and cartridges inside.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
how much travel do you loose when you go to F3 internals on the fork? on your website it says that the travel is less so it should only be a track bike, but if its gonna handle bumps and pavement cracks and such better and brake better, sounds like a good street use too. also, and very off topic, but what is the stock rear spring rate on the '05 (s) model

T

·
0 Posts
on first generation you use F3 tubes,on second just f3 internals.
they can be set up with different travel if you know what you doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts