Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 17 and just got my first bike. A 2001 SV650 with 2100 miles. It's been sitting a while and the battery is near dead, last time I started it we had to jump start it. I work at a store that has auto parts and the only batteries we carry are optima and exide (which makes champion powersports batteries). I can't seem to find the exide battery I need for my bike and I get a discount if I go with exide or optima, but I don't think optima makes motorcycle batteries. Anyways, anyone know what stock number battery I need? If not where is a good place to buy a battery? My dad also says the thing to get is also a gel cell? how much do those cost? Thanks in advance. BTW I LOVE this bike. I've ridden dirt bikes and this thing has PLENTY of power for my first road bike. I've only hit 7500 rpms a few times since I haven't opened it up on the freeway yet but when I have it just pulls like crazy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dont think you're gonna be in luck old son.Over here Exide dont stock a battery suitable for your bike.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Exide definately do a 9Ah one that'll fit your SV, I've got one in the garage somewhere for a spare. It's not very good, but then it's fairly old. I wouldn't buy a new one, the stock item's barely got enough capacity for my tastes...

·
Registered
44 Posts
don't get a yuasa they are crap, in my opinion. I have an exide in my SV. Do you still have the stcok battery? you can look at the numbers on it and get a cheapy replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What model number exide will go in a 2001 sv650s? I've looked in the exide application guide and don't see it. Anyone know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts