Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whats the best exhaust for the HP and the biggest bang for your $$$?
I am looking at RS3, but from what I'm reading its not anything too special.
I've got an 03' SV1000s
Thanks,

·
Registered
67 Posts
M4
http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/flash/M4_Exhaust.html

The Renegade dual exhausts or LeoVince SBK put out nice hp as well. I was going to go Yosh but it's mostly just for sound and only supposedly only adds 2-3hp. You'd be paying for sound and lighter weight but not much in the gains dept.

T

·
0 Posts
Leo Vince.
check power curve on other exhaust tread.it kills M4 in power and even more in torque.

T

·
0 Posts
orangegilly said:
Will that hold true with the SV1000?
I believe so.if you take good look at pipe you can see this guys dont just weld peices of pipes together.
I tought M4 was pipe to have(I do have it)but Leo is just much better in power,weight,quality and look.
they actualy mailed me pipe to test to prove me wrong,and they were right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After looking at the three pipe (Micron, M4, LeoVince) dyno comparison Zoran posted I believe it. Thanks Zoran (TWF).

I love the M4 exhaust sound but you do take a mid-range hit. The bike doesn't have the 5-6.5k rpm pull it did with the stock exhaust so I would take the LeoVince for the mid-range punch if I could have a do-over.

The top end rush (7.5 - 10k rpm) is nice with the M4 though. :)

Zoran, can you post some sound clips of the LeoVince SBK pipe?

·
Registered
67 Posts
::) ;D ok ok, nevermind.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
TWF said:
I can't even post picture and you asking me for sound  ;D
omg I just died laughing :D

T

·
0 Posts
here is dyno of micron(red),M4(blue) and Leo Vince(green)that I did few months ago.
let me know if you want green one :)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Hands up everyone who always insisted M4 was best, just because that was what everyone else said. Go on, you know who you are! Get 'em up!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Is anyone else looking at the numbers on the dyno TWF posted and involuntarily making throttle opening motions with their hand? ;D

Is that really an SV650 being tested? If so, what kind of SV on steroids are you guys creating? Faaahhhhhhk....

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
1 hp and some change...... really, Johnny Nobody on the street is REALLY going to notice that. ::)

T

·
0 Posts
Nudist said:
1 hp and some change...... really, Johnny Nobody on the street is REALLY going to notice that. ::)
you looking at wrong part of curve.check curves down low,places where gain is about 5hp.
check torque curve,that is where front wheel starts going up in air with just touch of throttle :)

T

·
0 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
Is that really an SV650 being tested? If so, what kind of SV on steroids are you guys creating? Faaahhhhhhk....
yes,it is my race bike.
here is about $3k of medication you can put in ;D

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
At peak, sure. But what street riders probably would notice is the fact that it makes more than either of the others do at peak, all the way from 8.5 to 10. Or the torque difference at 5.5, looks like roughly 5 lb-ft of torque... Also that the peak is more usable. If it were peak power alone, that's irrelevant to most of us- but it's not only stronger at peak, it's better or the real world almost  everywhere.

T

·
0 Posts
Northwind said:
Dang, beaten to it :)
but you are right.see bike in my avatar,that is new ninja 650.it makes 75 hp at peak but power falls down after 9.5k rpm.bone stock sv with 70 hp is faster than ninja just because of power delivery.
having high peak number is nice for eyes,but if it comes at expense of low and mid range I am not interested in it.only time it is fine is on long straights,like daytona.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts