Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: OK, obviously I am a newB to this board, but I did search for a couple days before posting this thread :)

For outright performance/racing, what is the best pipe for the gen2 SV's? Slip-ons are, or should be, out. "High-pipes" and the european twin muffler systems I've seen, seem like a fashion statement so I am not considering those, but someone correct me if I'm wrong...

It seems that there are two real good choices in the Yoshimura high exit full pipe and the M4 full race pipe. Both lose the passenger pegs but neither hugs the tail section. Both have several options for muffler material and both are priced similarly. Unfortunately, Yoshi does not keep them in stock, so you have to wait for a pipe to be made. M4's SV pipes are in stock.

Advantage: M4.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a DEVIL highmount on my gsxr 750, and love it. The sound is great, it looks great, and I will definitely buy one for my 2004 sv650s.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The M4 Race Mount is kinda tucked under the tail a little bit. I think it would probably fare pretty well in a crash. I haven't crash tested it yet and don't want to, so I can't give personal experience, but it is tucked under the side of the tail alot more than stock or my Vance & Hines and you can swing it under a little more by turning the can a little.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and went with the M4 race. I couldn't be happier. It looks and sound sgreat, and M4 had it in stock, so I got it right away.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this post, but I have a question on the M4 Race Full System. I like the looks of the Race M4 and wondered if it was really necessary to loose the stock rear fender to use this system. Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fender? I don't think so; just the passenger pegs. My fender was gone before I got the bike tho'...

·
Registered
231 Posts
bmxr said:
The fender?  I don't think so; just the passenger pegs.  My fender was gone before I got the bike tho'...
I'm a solo rider and like that aspect of loosing the rear pegs too. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts