Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I take a stock exhaust off another bike say GSXR 600, or ZX6R and put it on my SV without having to worry about remaping the fuel mixture. I really like the triangular titanium look, can't stand the regular circular can exhaust.
I appreciate any information.

P.S. New to riding and don't know a lot of these web sites besides some of the more well known and ebay. you can get me back here or email me [email protected]

·
Registered
467 Posts
u need no other steenkin sites, svriders got your back bro! lol the guys on here are awesome and even provide site links. when in doubt, google that shat man. anyways, i know not the stock diameters off hand, but if you have a certain exhaust in mind, call the manufacturer and ask them the inner diameter on the mount and then compare that to your headpipe or midpipes outer diameter (depending on type of exhaust.

as far as the stock exhausts you mentioned, im sure someone else will be on here soon enough to chime in with exact measurements. sorry, i only have the sv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input eternity7602
My main concern is if I change the exhaust to anything else (other than exhausts made for that particular model) that it would restrct or limit the performance of my bike.
I talked to my friend who races and he had just suggested that I buy the pipes specificaly made for my bike because he said he would rather not worry with cutting the pipes and welding on the new one like I was thinking about doing. But still open to any ideas. If anyone knows that if it will effect the performance of the bike (because of too much back pressure or the lack there of ) to install a GSXR 600 or R6 or ZX6R factory exhaust on my SV please let me know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ive seen people run bigger mufflers and not have a problem, altho smaller exhaust i can see some restriction problems comming into play, but people have no muffler at all on there bikes and i was told IF it does cause anything it just cause a small loss in midrange power but nothing major. if im wrong then someone will correct me but that the info that i have collected so far. good luck and post pics when you do change it :vroom:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts