Price paid and where: Paid 300+ from motorcycle-superstore.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exhaust Model: Yoshimura RS-3C
Full/Slip-on: Slip-on

Loudness factor: moderate (with baffle)
Exhaust note: much better than stock

Pros: Looks very clean and composed, great fit and finish, carbon fiber endcap layup is excellent and leaves no gaps, baffle insert actually looks good too. Sounds worlds better than stock, of course!

Cons: only comes in stainless steel, a little bit of a hassle to remove this little divet in the outlet to be able to put the db insert.

Would buy again: Yes

Price paid and where: Paid 350$ from motorcycle-superstore.com

Picture: http://imgur.com/KOsb8

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 carbon fiber

Loudness factor: semi-loud (7/10, with 1 being stock)
Exhaust note: deep

Pros: Looks fantastic. The carbon fiber matches perfectly with the charcoal grey on my 2008, and suits the SV well over all. Also, cools rapidly after turning off the engine, so quickly touchable. The sound is deep and rumbly with a nice little bark, without being too obnoxious or annoying the neighbors. Gets a lot of compliments.

Cons: none

Price paid and where: Came on the bike when I bought it, sorry!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2004 SV650s
Exhaust Model: Yoshimura
Loudness factor: A few notches louder than stock but not obnoxious
Exhaust note: Deep tone in lower rpm and slightly shreaky up but in a good way!

Pros: Weight savings is noticeable in corners, the bike is slightly more flickable.
Cons: Since I only did the slip-on, no computer... I think the hp increase is negligable. Great to stop dragging the stock exhaust on the track though! It still hits the ground before you are off the tires fyi...
Would buy again: sure

·
Registered
35 Posts
Exhaust Model: Top Speed
Full/Slip-on: S/O
Loudness factor: LOUD!
Exhaust note: Deep

Pros: loud & inexpensive

Cons: almost too loud

Would buy again: yes

Price paid and where: $275 for both cans / SV Rider user

Notes/links to pics, video or audio:

Definitely a good bang for the buck...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why EXHAUST your income?

What? You need more power? At the expense of what - money, noise, reliability?

I have'nt read all these reviews, but the cost/value quotient is despicable!
There isn't an exhaust here that is better made than the stock Suzuki! Stainles steel! Perfect welds! Tough, really made to last! A great example of
true quality at a an inexpensive price. Now look at these "performance exhausts". Unless you are racing, they are a joke! The lightweight, bolted together aluminum will fold in a laydown, and the bolted-on endcaps will weaken in a year or so from vibration and spurt the mufflers guts all over the street, leaving you stranded in Bumass, Yukon. And all so you can show your buddies how "cool" you are. The only thing cool is your brainpower! And how much more power are you getting? It's minimal ... and concentrated at the upper rev range where it's less useable. And then you have to retune to even make it work right.

But OK, the stock exhaust is heavy, and it looks like a pipe stuck out of a pioneer cabin for the wood stove. So if you prize "appearance" over quality - you have a point. But its also an affirmation of how supreficial you're appreciation of actual value is... (But then You probably want plastic surgery too for that drooping chin too...)

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Re: Why EXHAUST your income?

I dunno.. my M4 is better quality over all.. granted the end can is not cast iron chromed with 10 layers of chrome to make it weigh 50 pounds... but it is in just as good a condition as when I got it in late 2008.

It sounds better but is not offensively loud, it gave me a bit of power as I got the full system and a power commander to go with it... and yeah it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better... that massive stock cannon had to go on just looks alone.

I don't care how cool I am to other people.. I buy things because I like them.. not to impress others.... if I cared what others thought I'd have spent some more money and got a Ducati

I've seen some crappy aftermarket exhausts.. but my M4 was well worth the cost...

If I had not intended to boost a bit of performance I would have just got the slip on... but the full system is working for me.

I'd rather spend something on my bike which I can enjoy every day (well except winter) and not get tired... rather than a movie or video game which gets boring in a few watchings or few days... plus with the increase in exhaust noise I have found a DRASTIC decrease in numbers of people trying to change lanes into me like they did multiple times per day when I had the stock crapper on the bike.

If I didn't have the cash I wouldn't have done it and put up with the crap pipe but like any vehicle mod.. do what you like which will make you enjoy it more

There isn't an exhaust here that is better made than the stock Suzuki! Stainles steel! Perfect welds! Tough, really made to last! A great example of
true quality at a an inexpensive price. Now look at these "performance exhausts". Unless you are racing, they are a joke! The lightweight, bolted together aluminum will fold in a laydown, and the bolted-on endcaps will weaken in a year or so from vibration and spurt the mufflers guts all over the street, leaving you stranded in Bumass, Yukon. And all so you can show your buddies how "cool" you are. The only thing cool is your brainpower! And how much more power are you getting? It's minimal ... and concentrated at the upper rev range where it's less useable. And then you have to retune to even make it work right.

But OK, the stock exhaust is heavy, and it looks like a pipe stuck out of a pioneer cabin for the wood stove. So if you prize "appearance" over quality - you have a point. But its also an affirmation of how supreficial you're appreciation of actual value is... (But then You probably want plastic surgery too for that drooping chin too...)

·
Registered
731 Posts

Exhaust Model: Yoshimura Carbon R77 (no baffle)
Full/Slip-on: Full
Loudness factor: 7
Exhaust note: Deep and rich

Pros: Looks, weight, sound

Cons: Price

Price paid and where: Came on bike

If anything, aside from suspension, the exhaust is one of the few areas for improvement on the bike. A 10-20lb weight saving is significant on a 400lb motorcycle, and the improved sound, appearance, and incremental increase in power are all just bonuses.

A quality exhaust won't fall apart, and I don't think even the stock exhaust is going to hold up to a 400lb bike falling on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Have many freinds? Prozac and anger management will help you. Let the people spend how they want. Besides, it will help the economy.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Exhaust Model: Yoshimura Stainless RS3
Full/Slip-on: Full
Loudness factor: 9 due to being cut down to 12 inches
Exhaust note: Nice base sound to compliment the V-twin

Pros: Saved 10lbs compared to stock, installed a PC3 with yosh tune and now have more hp through out the rev range - pulls like an SOB all the way to red line now, Sound is addictive - at stop lights I can't help but rev it a few times.

Cons: Not totally sold on the appearance of all the springs holding it together.

Price paid and where: Bought on this site for $150. Can damaged and midpipe scraped in a lowside, can repaired (hence the cutdown to 12 inches) but still has minor dents. Function is still perfect, even if appearance is not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
M4 Slip-on. Sounds much better than stock, and drivers can hear you coming. I've noticed less drivers cutting me off since installing it. I think it was money well spent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Exhaust model: Yoshimura carbon TRS

Full or Slip-On: Full system with PC3

Not that loud but sounds good when revved up. Without the baffle it's really too loud for me.

Pros: light, sounds great, more power, carbon can doesn't get hot, looks good with black frame

Cons: expensive to me but couldn't resist

Price paid: $689 shipped from Ebay in 2006

·
Registered
443 Posts
Exhaust model: Yoshimura Stainless TRS

Full or Slip-On: Slip on

Loudness Factor: 8/10, baffle is out, didnt come with one when I got it

Exhaust note: rumbly and sweet at lower rpm revs. I havent taken the bike over 5K RPM yet so not sure how it sounds at high RPMS. Gets people's attention at lower RPM tho :)

Pros: sounds great, rumbly, makes the bike sound like a badass!

Cons: Would rather have the carbon look to go with my black frame, and also have it a tad bit louder and shorter as the length can looks massively long!

Would buy again: yes but in Carbon can to match black frame of bike

Price paid: FREE came on the bike when I bought it so I can't complain, but was missing the baffle

PIC:

·
Registered
826 Posts
totally forgot this thread exists!

Exhaust Model: holeshot highmount
Full/Slip-on: slipon
Loudness factor: louder than stock, but only really loud when engine has a lot of load (ie giving it a lot of throttle). it doesnt have any baffles, and its loud enough for me without annoying me but was too loud for mad8vskillz (but he tends to ride more aggressively and at higher rpms, so ymmv)
Exhaust note: low, deep, growly. pretty much exactly how i want a vtwin sportbike to sound

Pros: light, highmount, great sound, black color matches my 07 frame well, gives an awesome bark with a quick blip, sometimes pops on decel (i like it, some may not), from what i remember doesnt get very hot (but i dont touch it often either)

Cons: had to use extension bolts for rear peg, so it sits 2 inches further out than the left passenger peg, it's a bit weird but worth it for me. also highmount keeps you from using saddlebags and i dont use that side's helmet lock anymore (though it might work if youre willing to rest the helmet on the exhaust), might get close to your heel depending on your rearsets/foot position/foot size/etc. also very close to tail and sits high, so good thing i had a custom fender eliminator already

Price paid and where: bought from mad8vskillz for some low friend price that i cant remember. doesnt really help you guys though lol

also plenty of pics here: http://www.holeshot.com/sv650/highpipe.html

·
Registered
106 Posts
Exhaust Model: Yoshimura RS3
Full/Slip-on: Slip On
Loudness factor: 8
Would buy again: No, too loud for my tastes.
Price paid and where: Came with bike from PO.

Exhaust Model: Two Brothers
Would buy again: No, too loud for my tastes, but loved the sound.
Price paid and where: Came with bike from PO.

Exhaust Model: Stock with holes drilled into end cap
Full/Slip-on: Stock
Loudness factor: 3
Would buy again: Yes but wouldn't recommend doing it to a stock exhaust. Louder than stock and not much improvement in sound.
Price paid and where: User here on forum $50 shipped.

Exhaust Model: Delkevic 450mm
Loudness factor: 2
Would buy again: Yes, louder than stock but not deafening. Lighter, prettier, and far better sound than stock.
Price paid and where: Delkevic's US site $130.

Exhaust Model: Straight Pipe
Full/Slip-on: Stock with no muffler.
Loudness factor: 11
Would buy again: No, but is a good way to make a HD rider cringe.
Price paid and where: N/A

All videos taken on same day for exhaust swap on two bikes. Forgive my sniffling in the videos as I was sick and this was my recovery time... The T2i is a nice DSLR but the sound still washes out so volume doesn't show up really well. The straight pipe was deafening and scared everything in the neighborhood. No straight stock comparison, sadly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Exhaust Model: TwoBrothers Racing M2 V.A.L.E. Carbon
Would buy again: Absolutely
Price paid and where: $430, eBay
(+$68 in shipping to Denmark and $150 in customs)

·
Registered
884 Posts
does anyone have any pics of a danmoto xg-1 on a sv650? i just recently found out about this pipe and i think it LOOKS great, and they offer one on ebay "for" the sv650 (looks the same as all the others) but i dunno if it would mount up correctly with the tabs as pictured, although the picture may just be generic as well, i'd really like someone with one to chime in and show a picture. also tell if its got a silencer in it as well.

301 - 320 of 345 Posts