Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealing Nexus's format for an exhaust review thread to prevent the post madness from spreading. (Need one for FEs now, heh.)

Please give your input on motorcycle exhausts. Product reviews for what you've seen and used. Fill in the blanks with what you like and don't like about the exhaust. No need to write a novel, just a few lines and not "They rock!" about the exhaust so others can see if this is the exhaust for them to use.

Also this ISN'T a question and answer thread, just reviews from current users.

Please quote the next post and fill in your thoughts.

Thanks for your help now to help others in the future.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exhaust Model:
Full/Slip-on:
Loudness factor:
Exhaust note:

Pros:

Cons:

Would buy again:

Price paid and where:

Notes/links to pics, video or audio:

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Exhaust Model: Delkevic Stainless Stubby
Full/Slip-on: Slipon
Loudness factor: Moderately loud, not obnoxious though. Does come with removable baffle. (Not used)
Exhaust note: Deep tone, without being raspy or harsh.

Pros: Inexpensive. Light weight. 4.5lbs versus 15-20lb stocker. Quick & easy install. Shiny.

Cons: None so far.

Would buy again: Definitely

Price paid and where: $145 with shipping from Delkevic ebay store (aka Steeles Cycles)

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: Link to installation thread.
Full pics, video clips, etc. in that thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Exhaust Model: Mircon
Full/Slip-on: full highmount
Loudness factor: Nice low rumble. Does come with removable baffle. (Not used)
Exhaust note: Deep tone, without being raspy or harsh.

Pros: . Light weight. . Quick & easy install. Shiny. High mount fits perfectly.

Cons: None so far.

Price paid and where: $549 from bluestreakracing.com in Canada

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: [/B

·
Registered
209 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Stainless Standard
Full/Slip-on: Slip-on
Loudness factor: Will make your ears bleed
Exhaust note: Nice deep LOUD rumble

Pros: Deep rumble

Cons: LOUD

Would buy again: Yes, wish that M4 didn't discontinue their exhaust for current bike, Daytona 675

Price paid and where: I think I paid $280 shipped through Blair.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Exhaust Model: Remus Revolution Carbon Fiber Standard Mount
Full/Slip-on:Slip-on
Loudness factor: Louder than stock, but not overkill (removable baffle still installed at time of review)
*Edit* I removed the silencer today and it made a huge difference in sound. I think it sounds much better but it is MUCH louder as you would expect.
Exhaust note: Deep rumble, doesn't sound tinny or raspy. Just good, solid deep tones. Sounds even better when engine breaking.

Pros: Carbon fiber is significantly lighter than the stock muffler (and looks BA imo). Build quality is excellent. Uses a bracket mounting system that is not visible like most wrap-around mounts. Sound is supposedly tuned to the specific model of bike the can is installed on. Available in standard mount, high mount, and GP Mount. MUCH better sounding then stock. Just go listen to any sound clips on youtube of remus cf exhausts.

Cons: Expensive unless you got in on the discount sale at maxmoto.com a few weeks ago. Fitment was a little off on my 2003 SV650N. I needed to trim about 1 inch off of the connector pipe on the muffler end to get the bracket to line up properly. Instructions are in German but all you need to know is to cut your original exhaust 40mm up toward the muffler from the weld seam right near the right foot peg. Then slide on the new can and be prepared to smile :)

Would buy again: Most definitely

Price paid and where: $420 Shipped from maxmoto.com. I don't think you will be able to get this price anymore, but it's worth asking. They happened to be clearing out inventory at maxmoto.com because Remus sponsored the "Fast & Furious" movie and needed more warehouse space. The msrp is around $550.

PS- Maxmoto is the Remus USA dealer. The company is based out of Austria. If you purchase a pipe from anywhere other than maxmoto, it will be more expensive because they will mark it up from the distributor price. Bottom line - if you want a remus, order from maxmoto.com.

PPS- google search "remus site:svrider.com" for lots more info

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Exhaust Model: Scorpion Stainless Steel
Full/Slip-on: Just a slip on baby!!
Loudness factor: Wat??
Exhaust note: Deep and throaty!!! ;)

Pros: Super easy to put on classic high mount styling that is timeless.

Cons: Needed more then a rubberis name lable

Would buy again: Sure if they have it in black!!

Price paid and where: I forgot but it was like $200ish

=

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Standard Polished SS + SS Mid-pipe
Loudness factor: Dont think its excessive but I am in front of the sound (also not run in yet)
Exhaust note: Idle is low and deep / 4000rpm and higher revs not so

Pros: Appears well made / Ease of install / Good fit / Doesn't get anywhere near as hot as stock can

Cons: None so far

Would buy again: Probably (Need to hear other exhausts in person to get a good idea)

Price paid and where: $289 shipped from SVRP

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: M4 Slip-on Installation

·
Registered
142 Posts
Exhaust Model: 2 bros M2 Titanium
Loudness factor: Loud - I will be buying the suppressor
Exhaust note: Quality is top notch

Pros: Looks, deep sound.

Cons: Price tag

Would buy again: Yup

Price paid and where: $410.00, Ebay

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Exhaust Model: Scorpion High Mount Stainless
Full/Slip-on: Slip on
Loudness factor: Medium loud. Doesn't bother the neighbors
Exhaust note: Deeper than stock with a hint of metallic notes

Pros: Cheap and very well built

Cons: Not that it matters but it weighed more than others I have owned (The micron can...not the yosh but still heavier than some others I have held)

Would buy again: Without a doubt

Price paid and where: $235 about 3 years ago. Think I picked it up from Stranger... never installed.

Exhaust Model: Micron aluminum high mount
Full/Slip-on: Full System
Loudness factor: Louder than scorpion, quieter than 2bros
Exhaust note: Deeper than stock and scorpion. Less deep than Leo Vince

Pros: Light weight, good sound.

Cons: Difficult to install with a good fit. Headers were hell to get in properly, scratches easily

Would buy again: If it was a good deal, yes.

Price paid and where: $195 used

(can is damaged here, wasn't when purchased.)

Exhaust Model: Yoshimura RS3 Stainless (older style)
Full/Slip-on: Full System
Loudness factor: Louder than stock but not much
Exhaust note: Very deep while under load but still quiet.

Pros: Quiet, well built...very solid.

Cons: Weighs a ton, quiet, midpipe mounting tab didn't line up well.

Would buy again: If it was a good deal, yes.

Price paid and where: $225 used

·
Registered
57 Posts
Exhaust Model: Renegade Hi-Mount Dual Race
Full/Slip-on: Full
Loudness factor: High, esepecially on throttle let-off :eek:
Exhaust note: Low and growling. Many friends have commented that it sounds similar to ducatis. Lots of poping on throttle let-off, sounds great! Certainly not buzzy or whiny.

Pros: Great mean sounds, looks equally great. Dual system=less back pressure and adds to looks.

Cons: A shade heavy. If you're that concerned about it they make carbon cans.

Would buy again: Absolutely.

Price paid and where: Renegade direct - too much.

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: Will post later.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Exhaust Model: Leo Vince High Mount Carbon Fiber
Full/Slip-on: Slip On
Loudness factor: 92 db w/ baffle. As loud as any w/o baffle.
Exhaust note: Throaty rumble w/o baffle. Moto GP with baffle. http://www.leovinceusa.com/sounds/6771.mp3

Pros: 92db is legal at Laguna Seca. At 92db, the bike sounds much better than stock, w/o being too darn loud. If you like loud, you can take the baffle out. If you like quiet, or some LEO decides he likes quiet, the S/O comes with a bracket to reattach the stock pipe so you don't have to go out and buy a full system.

Cons: The high mount takes out the stock R signal. Not a huge deal, but you have to plan for it and have an alternate signal waiting.

Would buy again: Absolutely.

Price paid and where: CRS strikes again.

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: http://www.leovinceusa.com/sounds/6771.mp3

·
Registered
58 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Full, SS headers, TI mid and Carbon can
Full/Slip-on: Full
Loudness factor: Loud
Exhaust note: Deep rumble

Pros: Great build quality, easy install and great sound.

Cons: After a while I started to get a slight whistle, but it may be the packing needing to be replaced.

Would buy again: Yes, in fact I plan to buy a Ti can so I can swap between the Ti and carbon.

Price paid and where: Believe it was $760 something, or around there from star-cycle.com, cheapest I found.

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: Installation thread: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=80834

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Carbon Fiber Standard Mount
Full/Slip-on: Slip
Loudness factor: Loud on acceleration, nice and quiet at speed.
Exhaust note: Deep rumble

Pros: Very light, great quality, sounds awesome, doesn't give you a headache.

Cons: Carbon fiber needs to be re-packed more often than SS or Ti

Would buy again: Yes. Although I might get a Ti can next time for ease of maintenance.

Price paid and where: $0 ;D Although the girlfriend paid $399 through Blair from SV-Racing-Parts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Exhaust Model: Holeshot Highpipe black
Loudness factor: Only loud when you get on it. MUCH MUCH quieter than the stock exhaust chopped and completely gutted. Idle and cruising speeds are quite mild, but louder than stock
Exhaust note: Beautiful. The stock gutted can was raspy and sounded like ass. This pipe has a deep rumble to it and is not raspy at all.

Pros: Black parts of the canister do not get hot regardless of how long you ride. I can ride for 2 hours and grab it instantly.
Highmounts look badass.
Sounds great

Cons: Pricetag (expensive for not being CF or Titanium)
Instructions provided were extremely vague.
Had to use quite a bit of muscle to make everything fit correctly

Would buy again: Yes. If i didn't buy this pipe i would get a CF Street Extreme.

Price paid and where: $434 plus S&H www.holeshot.com (the only place you can get them)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/SeeMyExkurrrzun/DSC00124.jpg?t=1239071151
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/SeeMyExkurrrzun/DSC00125.jpg

If anyone has questions or would like more pictures, or possibly sound clip feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Stainless
Loudness factor: Mildly loud
Exhaust note: Throaty, nice tone. Kind of like a Ducati.

Pros: Looks good, sounds good, not expensive

Cons: Pops on decel sometimes

Price paid and where: $289, pipecity.com

·
Registered
350 Posts
Exhaust Model: D&D Satin Black exhausts on my SV1K
Full/Slip-on: Bolt on actually....
Loudness factor: LOUD... Get earplugs
Exhaust note: While this exhaust is loud it has a nice deep throaty growl. I am impressed that it is not simply noise but a great exhaust note.

Pros: Looks great, sounds menacing, and is decently priced

Cons: It is loud. There is not a baffle to put in as this is really the closest to the straight pipe as you can get IMHO

Would buy again: No doubt about it. I have a D&D on my Katana and now on my SV

Price paid and where: jcmotors.com for $500.00 shipped. That matched Parts411.com price in a sense BUT they threw in overnight shipping for me!!!

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j11Vnhdut0k

Pics:

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Exhaust Model: Muzzy GP
Full/Slip-on: custom weld-on
Loudness factor: wow
Exhaust note: for a 2009 ZX6

Pros: something different

Cons: none yet

Would buy again: yes

Price paid and where: $203 shipped ebay

Notes/links to pics, video or audio: http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss61/rlimes/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Exhaust Model: Viper round 45cm
Loudness factor: nice and mellow in the low revs and gets fairly loud in the higher revs but not too loud.
Exhaust note: fairly deep

Pros: Very cheap,lighter than stock, and is holding up well so far with over 4,000 miles on it

Cons: Needed to expand the adapter pipe to get it to fit, finish isn't up to par with the more exspensive exhaust.
Would buy again: Yes

Price paid and where: around $200 flyncycle ebay auction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGrvuDBfkY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sva5NnejIks

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Exhaust Model: M4 Titanium Can w/ SS mid and headder - Standard Mount

Full/Slip-on: Full Race Exhaust

Loudness factor: Louder than my Hindle at idle and tooling around, but not quite as loud as the Hindle at wide open throttle...
This is harder to hide when riding near cops and if I want to pull away quietly in the morning... with the Hindle I could keep it a little less noticeable at idle and low rpm and pulling away from a stop

Exhaust note: Fairly deep growl... has more bite to it than the Hindle.. but is no where near as deep sounding... it does sound mean and agressive and pretty good... I'll see if it deepens any after a few thousand KM on it

Pros: Very well made.. top notch quality (better by far than the Hindle I had) Fairly easy install even for a novice wrencher

Cons: The full system is fairly pricey... I guess it is not bad when considering other full systems.. but it is a bit louder than I expected around town

Would buy again: Might just go with a slip on over the full system performance difference is minimal... but it is hard to say... I would have to see the top competitors in person and hear them in person if I was to buy again... I like a deeper sound to the exhaust note and a touch less loud around town like I had with the Hindle.... but this thing really does look good

Price paid and where: I forget... it was pretty good at the time though... and I got it from Blair at SV Racing Parts... it saved me a lot over the cross boarder cost I would have had to pay with other sellers... and he matched the price I found after looking around at other dealers

1 - 20 of 346 Posts