Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if my question belongs here but here goes:

I just purchased a pre-owned 08 sv650 that has a m4 exhaust and of course its loud and growls. I guess this is appealing to most but am I crazy for considering to have it replaced with a stock muffler. I'm a new rider and purchased the naked sv as a good starter bike. This muffler seems to be for a racer type of rider. The bike also seems a little too "torquey" like its begging me to ride it hard. Is the stock muffler quieter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
fwiw, I sympathize with you. While I _do_ love the sound quality of aftermarket exhaust, I don't like it to be way louder, and I have no specific need for huge power increases.

Is there a baffle you can put in it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a stock exhaust that you can have for the cost of shipping. It's off my '07 in brand new condition, minus the mufflerectomy I did (cut out the barrel to make the sewing machine a hand mixer). You would need to have it welded on or I'd imagine since I cut it off of the stock header.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As for the exhaust you can swap for stock or you could buy a different muffler that has a removable (reinstallable?) baffle. I have two different mufflers, one "Viper" and one "Dekelvic". Both are from ebay and both came with a baffle that could be installed. I'm not going to use either baffle. If we can figure out which one fits I'd make you a decent deal on one.
As for the Torque, I went 'up' one tooth on the front sprocket on my son's SV (it's also his first street bike) and the bike is quite pleasant to ride. It's not as 'jumpy' or abrupt but still plenty powerful. You may look into having that done at your local shop. It shouldn't take too long and front sprockets are cheap. Keep your old one so you can swap back when you're ready.
All the best.
Weazel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts