Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pre-owned 08 sv650 that has a m4 exhaust and of course its loud and growls. I guess this is appealing to most but am I crazy for considering to have it replaced with a stock muffler. I'm a new rider and purchased the naked sv as a good starter bike. This muffler seems to be for a racer type of rider. The bike also seems a little too "torquey" like its begging me to ride it hard. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Wow, just noticed your in ATL. Maybe we can meet up one day and you can check out my debaffled stock can. It might be more to your liking, maybe we can look at swapping.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Stock can is too quiet. No one wants a motorcycle that sounds like a sewing machine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just purchased a pre-owned 08 sv650 that has a m4 exhaust and of course its loud and growls. I guess this is appealing to most but am I crazy for considering to have it replaced with a stock muffler. I'm a new rider and purchased the naked sv as a good starter bike. This muffler seems to be for a racer type of rider. The bike also seems a little too "torquey" like its begging me to ride it hard. Any thoughts?
the stock muffler is really quiet (for a bike). I like it that as I use my bike for touring.

the bike's torquey because it's a v-twin. with my luggage, the front wheel lifts on full throttle acceleration. it's fun that way.

nice pick up, the nekkid bikes are the coolest anyways.

edit:
official veto to the pick above. few things offend me, but any guy that beats a girl deserves to have his f'in nuts cut off.

- not amused, i humbly request the picture to be removed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so this M4 is worth having and I just dont get it. I know the V-twins are torquey but wondered if the M4 increased its torqueyness. Hey Raab02 I'll contact u this week and maybe we can meet. also in agreement about the pic - sorry imdying (smile)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Cool. If you're serious about letting it go, I'm interested.

Don't listen to all these other cats...that M4 is worthless...do yourself a favor and just give it me. :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cool. If you're serious about letting it go, I'm interested.

Don't listen to all these other cats...that M4 is worthless...do yourself a favor and just give it me. :p
What he said but I will take it.

Seriously, you wouldnt like the stock if you changed it.

M4 is a very nice exhaust, you will love the sound eventually.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
so this M4 is worth having and I just dont get it. I know the V-twins are torquey but wondered if the M4 increased its torqueyness. Hey Raab02 I'll contact u this week and maybe we can meet. also in agreement about the pic - sorry imdying (smile)
That's ok, someone will photoshop a Gladius in the poor ladies place soon enough :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good one, speaking of the Gladius, I like the gladius headlight. I wonder how it would look on the sv

1 - 15 of 15 Posts