Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pre-owned 08 sv650 that has a m4 exhaust and of course its loud and growls. I guess this is appealing to most but am I crazy for considering to have it replaced with a stock muffler. I'm a new rider and purchased the naked sv as a good starter bike. This muffler seems to be for a racer type of rider. The bike also seems a little too "torquey" like its begging me to ride it hard. Any thoughts?

· Registered
410 Posts
I just purchased a pre-owned 08 sv650 that has a m4 exhaust and of course its loud and growls. I guess this is appealing to most but am I crazy for considering to have it replaced with a stock muffler. I'm a new rider and purchased the naked sv as a good starter bike. This muffler seems to be for a racer type of rider. The bike also seems a little too "torquey" like its begging me to ride it hard. Any thoughts?
the stock muffler is really quiet (for a bike). I like it that as I use my bike for touring.

the bike's torquey because it's a v-twin. with my luggage, the front wheel lifts on full throttle acceleration. it's fun that way.

nice pick up, the nekkid bikes are the coolest anyways.

edit:
official veto to the pick above. few things offend me, but any guy that beats a girl deserves to have his f'in nuts cut off.

- not amused, i humbly request the picture to be removed.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so this M4 is worth having and I just dont get it. I know the V-twins are torquey but wondered if the M4 increased its torqueyness. Hey Raab02 I'll contact u this week and maybe we can meet. also in agreement about the pic - sorry imdying (smile)

· Registered
386 Posts
Cool. If you're serious about letting it go, I'm interested.

Don't listen to all these other cats...that M4 is worthless...do yourself a favor and just give it me. :p
What he said but I will take it.

Seriously, you wouldnt like the stock if you changed it.

M4 is a very nice exhaust, you will love the sound eventually.

· Registered
2,246 Posts
so this M4 is worth having and I just dont get it. I know the V-twins are torquey but wondered if the M4 increased its torqueyness. Hey Raab02 I'll contact u this week and maybe we can meet. also in agreement about the pic - sorry imdying (smile)
That's ok, someone will photoshop a Gladius in the poor ladies place soon enough :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.