Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Exhaust question.....

830 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sv700 
#1 ·
Ok, right now I have a holeshot highmount slipon. I love the look/sound to this pipe, but I'd like to get a few more HP out of my motor, and would like a fullsystem..

I see some cheaper fullsystems going on ebay for like $200-350, would it be possible to buy the fullsystem and cut the piping on it and attach my holeshot slipon to the new headers/midpipe? I mean I figure I'd hafta make a new sleeve to connect the two, and I could either clamp that in place or weld it on at work.. but would I still get the same flow as if I had a fullsysytem, or would the slipon restrict the flow since it's meant for stock headers? Im also worried about blowing out the can..

Anyone tried this or have any input? Thanks for any help

-Matt

#2 ·
I've thought of doing the same thing. This would work as long as the header exists close to the inlet of the muffler pipe. Welding the two would be ideal, but future removal would be difficult or impossible. You'll have to rejet, but the Holeshot is 2" pipe, similar to most aftermarket systems. 

Post pics if you do!

#3 ·
Dale may correct this

but the holeshot is very much unrestricitve and will not be the restriction point in most system.

make sure to have enough mouting points (w/ rubber) to minimize the stress over the pipes when they expand due to heat.

you will indeed need to rejet to get proper mixture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.