Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 09 SV650S and installed a Yoshimura RS-3 Slip on. Do I need to install a Power Commander along with it. Also should I install a K&N Filter in addition?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have a 09 SV650S and installed a Yoshimura RS-3 Slip on. Do I need to install a Power Commander along with it. Also should I install a K&N Filter in addition?

Thanks
Mike
PC is not needed for those mods. Get a TRE and adjust the TPS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My bike came with a two bros slip on and I personally put a K&N because I always do (i just find it convenient to clean an put back). If you feel the need to really want to adjust the fuel I recommend dobeck TFI. Other than that no on else seems to have a problem. Oh and do the pair valve mod. Your idle will drop afterwards but thats a quick fix once you get to operating temperature. Just take a philips screw driver to the left side.

Again you don't have to and what soylentgreenip said is goood too. (that movie was pretty coo, had to watch it for a class)

·
Registered
220 Posts
With only a slipon there's no need to buy PC,bazzaz and other similar stuff.
Just keep the stock air filter and do NOT go aftermarket.
I say that because air filter changes have the greatest effect on the fuel mixtures.
If you change the filter for a more free flowing aftermarket,then the bike may run lean which can cause problems.Only then you need to buy PC etc.

So,just enjoy your Yosh slipon and ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts