Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hindle exhaust on my 2002 svs. The pipe is starting to sound really raspy and loud. It is time to repack the pipe. I was wondering if there is a packing material that won't burn out as quickly as the Hindle exhaust pack? If not, are there any tips to make the job easier? I was told by a mechanic to wrap the packing on, then put masking tape over it to slide it into the exhaust skin. The tape will break once the pipe heats up. Are there any other tips?

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I recently did my renegade - it wasn't hard per-se, I just bought some four-stroke fmf fiberglass packing (not the stringy kind, but the wool-pad looking kind) from a local dealer, didn't even use the masking tape (mainly because i couldn't find any) and just rolled the padding really tight around the inside tube, and shoved the whole thing down into the outer pipe - used some silicone gasket high-temp stuff to seal around the endcaps - just make sure you have some latex gloves and a long sleeve shirt on - fiberglass on the skin ain't fun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The fiberglass pads are easy enough. I use plain clear scotch tape to hold it on. Thats what my v&h came with to hold it on for a DWG. Its melted and gone within a couple miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts