Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been reading on this site for a long time, but never registered to post. I have been searching and have not found anything to answer my question.

I am thinking about either the standard mount black holeshot slip on or the std mt. alum M4 slip on.
My question is, to those of you who have aftermarket exhaust, is the black holeshot worth $100 more than the M4? I am concerned with how the finish will look after a few years on the aluminum compared to the powedercoated holeshot, sound ect... I just wanted to know am I getting more for paying more for the holeshot?Any info will be appreciated.  This is for an 05 blue sv650s in Texas weather, so rusting from salt on the roads is not a concern. Thanks

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Yep had both....

My aluminum can M4 looked like garbage (to me) after about 6 months. I was very unhappy with it... some of the other finishes may be better, but I cant comment on those.

Holeshot is awesome... sounds great, looks great, makes more HP (comparing slipon to slipon on dyno runs), the powdercoat even held up well in a lowside... Dale rocks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a full M4 system on my old TL, but it was stainless. I've only heard good things about Holeshot, but have never owned them.

M4 is a Texas company, so I chose to support a "local" business. Also, I like the looks of an oval can over a round can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the M4 slip-on standard mount right now

I have had it for about a year and the finish is still perfect, but I wipe down the bike after every ride. It sounds great but I cannot compare to Holeshot b/c I havent heard one.

That being said I am looking to get a black high-mount Holeshot if you are interested in buying mine ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bow..

You need to try something a little different from what all of the other guys have my friend. Why not think about something proudly made in Great Britain? ;)

I am totally biased but I had a standard mount stainles steel can from Carbon Can Company. They have lots of different mounts and finishes. Reall friendly people to deal with...Roy. What you get is a very well made piece of kit that has a great sound, different noise than many out there but I thought it was great. maybe go look at their web site?

I accept obviously that your going to have to factor in the postage cost. 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information. I am still not sure which one, but it seems that most people who have posted so far that have/had and M4 went to a holeshot after so maybe that should tell me something. I think the black may look better with the black frame but I dont know if its $100 better.

Thanks for all the pics as well.

Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts