Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tried a search but didnt really find anything of use so here is a bit of background and my question;

Wife has an 2007 SV 650 which she loves to look at lol. I must admit the red in that year is a lot nicer than the red on the 06 gixxers.

anyways she love Yosh (bought me a carbom slip on for anniversary yrs ago) and really wants a yosh on her ride (loves the sound too).

Birthday coming up.

I am searching for some yosh products. We both prefer the shorter versions of exhausts, find the stock exhaust on the SV (and most slip ons) to be a bit to long to be pleasing to the eye lol (seriously though).

I found a pic of Yoshimura's Tri-Oval (TRS) with full race system and it looks perfect!

Anyone hear this system before? Is it stupid loud?

Thank you for any and all imput.

David

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm not sure about the tri oval, but I had a Yoshi standard RS-3 full system on my first gen, and it wasn't any louder than the Delkevic full length slip on that I replaced, and it wasn't as loud as a Two Brothers slip on on someone else's '07.
It looked great too, all shiny.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Too bad they didn't list shipping prices to canada. I just purchased an m4 slip on... And I think I'm not too bummed that the fmf full exhaust is something I'll have to miss because if I did end up with this full exhaust I would have to install a power commander and remap which would be another $400.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up buying the Yosh TRS full system. Carbon can, she likes carbon... Shipped to a border town I will pick it up in a few days and a friend will install it while we camp for her birthday "present". She will be thrilled to come home to her ride afterwards I am sure. Will let you all know and will find out if the thing is "stupid loud" or not lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats! Yosh makes good stuff. They also sell a dB killer that might fit your model if you think it's too loud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Kixx will keep that in mind. We are camping this weekend and I have a friend that will be mounting the system up so when we come home her bike will be sitting there all done up. :)

hope it arrives this week like forcasted.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Don't tell her, and see if she starts it up before she notices. "What the? I think something is wrong, it sounds awesome... "

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well motorcycle superstore fullfilled their part as promised and I picked up the system in Sumas on Weds. Paid my HST (more taxes more honor) and hid it in the garage. While camping a friend did the swap and positioned the bike so when the garage door opened she was sitting there with the pipe proudly displayed. Happy wife :)

Of course it looks great and sounds fantastic (its in the script). Dont think it will be to loud and since the sun is coming out for a few days soon will go for a few rides to see for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts