Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 "S" has always had a fair bit of "deceleration burble" when I back off the throttle, primarily as a result of the Yosh RS-3 full system and an intact PAIR system.

Today, I picked up the bike from my local shop after it's first valve clearance check, and a throttle body sync. The valves were all well within spec, and gave no trouble.

I had the tech sync the throttle bodies at 4000 rpm as I am sure I had heard recommended on an SV site somewhere. He mentioned that if adjusted into sync at 4000, that they were out of sync at lower rpm where he would normally set them.

The bike runs great now, but seems to have a much more pronounced "pop" through the exhaust than it ever has before. Would this be attributed to syncing at 4000? Any suggestions?

S

·
0 Posts
Got a Power Commander? With a full system, you'd probably want to remap the fuel delivery.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have a PCIII, but not tuned yet. Previous to the TB sync, I was actually running a "zero" map, with intentions on tinkering once everything was given it's checkup.

The increase in exhaust noise has only arisen since the sync.

Was I correct to sync at 4000 rpm?
Would this actually have an affect such as this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 05 "S" has always had a fair bit of "deceleration burble" when I back off the throttle, primarily as a result of the Yosh RS-3 full system and an intact PAIR system.
I have a two Bros. M2 slip-on and I have the same "burble" that sounds like a backfire. I'm reading a lot about "what" is causing it, but nothing about "how" to fix it.:deadhorse:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a two Bros. M2 slip-on and I have the same "burble" that sounds like a backfire. I'm reading a lot about "what" is causing it, but nothing about "how" to fix it.
I think you're taking my comments in the wrong context (funny little cartoon though).

It is common knowledge that an exhaust "pop" or "burble" exists, when the PAIR system is doing what it was set up by the factory to do. I was not trying to clarify that, or to state anything new. That is already fact, and does not require a "fix", as it is not a problem.

My question was, what connection there is between the RPM of a throttle sync, and the amount of unburned fuel that ends up in the exhaust (the cause of the "burble").

·
Registered
203 Posts
My baby does it too when I lay off the throttle, but I dont even have a full system, just a leo slipon. I would like to know the answer to this too.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
The reason to synch at higher RPMs is to make sure both throttles are "on the cable". Often at idle the throttle bodies have different slack in the draw mechanism. You don't have to synch at 4,000 RPM. Anything off idle will do. I usually synch from 2,500 to 3,000 RPM. It's more important to be in synch when riding than when at idle.

You can set the action so that the throttles are in synch both at idle and off idle. It's a bit fiddly, and serves no practical purpose.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason to synch at higher RPMs is to make sure both throttles are "on the cable". Often at idle the throttle bodies have different slack in the draw mechanism. You don't have to synch at 4,000 RPM. Anything off idle will do. I usually synch from 2,500 to 3,000 RPM. It's more important to be in synch when riding than when at idle.

You can set the action so that the throttles are in synch both at idle and off idle. It's a bit fiddly, and serves no practical purpose.
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

Regards,
Darryl

·
Registered
80 Posts
this seems like the best thread for my question, I tried syncing at 4k rpms but I never got both meters to be the same, all the way through the length of the screw. I don't have a tensioner on the meters, at idle the needles just sweep the whole gauge. I think there may be a limiter that makes the hole smaller. any ideas? thanks

btw this is a '99

1 - 10 of 10 Posts