Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this in a buddy's photo album on Facebook:

I left a comment mentioning that someone should teach the rider how to use the proper rearsets and got this in response:

"so ive been riding since i was 7 so i think i know how to ride a bike and use the footpegs...the rear ones are a lot more comfortable to use when riding 110+...you got a problem with it? to f*cking bad mind your own business if you dont like where i put my feet on the bike...."

Apparently this 'super-experienced' "rider" believes the passenger pegs put you in a much better position for high speed riding... :roflmao: Hmm... Nexus242

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I do that all the time when in taking long trips. Only I lay the top of my foot on the passenger pegs. It's actually pretty comfortable and allows you to stretch out a little on those long droning stretches.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I do that all the time when in taking long trips. Only I lay the top of my foot on the passenger pegs. It's actually pretty comfortable and allows you to stretch out a little on those long droning stretches.
+1, def. done it on long highway stretches to move around a little.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I do this as well sometimes on long trips (hang the top of my foot on them). Sometimes i just scoot my feet back so just my toes reast on the rearsets. Just depends on how long the trip is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long trips are a horse of a different color. Definitely gotta switch riding positions on long stretches.

This guy thinks it's ideal to ride the front straight of laguna seca on the passenger pegs though... 110+??

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've done that to shift around...just like I've rested my legs over my motosliders highway-peg-style to stretch out.

I would not, however, consider that (or the motoslider thing) the optimum position when riding around other vehicles...less physical control...can't use leg pressure on tank to help direct the bike. Of course, I wouldn't be doing 110+ mph around other vehicles on a public road either...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I don't know about bikes with very high passenger pegs, but I have ridden many hours in similar riding position on my previous bikes:

As you could see, my upper body is not supporting much weight at all, not even my neck. I rest my helmet against my tankbag.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I left a comment mentioning that someone should teach the rider how to use the proper rearsets and got this in response:
Funny how all this has done is show your lack of experience.

I also used to do this on my old bike during long cold trips. It allowed me to relax my neck and wrists while stretching out my legs. It also got me out of the wind so I didn't freeze so much, which also reduced helmet noise substantially.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've never tried that, but you know i'll be throwing my feet back on teh way home from work tonight haha.

I hope it feels like i'm flying like superman.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I do what SVXR once took a picture of now... feet on the frame sliders.

VERY comfortable.
I've swung my legs up over my motorsliders as well. Pretty comfortable, but my legs are a bit too long to allow me to put my feet on them. I was planning on getting some of that pipe insulation to put on them for long road trips so that they're that much more comfortable!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I felt the urge to chime in. On long trips I have used the passenger pegs, mostly I used the frame sliders. When I had the stock bar I even once sat on the passenger seat. If the person meant 110+ miles for the trip then yes, that's a perfectly acceptable practice. Maybe not the safest, but we still do it. If he meant 110+ mph, then yeah, maybe he needs rearsets. Personally, I generally don't get snarky about how other people ride. Unless you feel the urge to get close enough for me to hit your killswitch. That's more of a "personal space" issue.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE WEARING SHOES/BOOTS WITH LACES..... ask me how I know..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.