Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember my first ride on a 98 or 99 Suzuki TL1000, my friend who had a Suzuki dealership, said take that for a ride. I think I was riding a LC1500 at the time, the TL was amazing, Later I bought a Vstrom DL1000 and loved it, rode it for a few years, bought a couple of DL650s, had a 08 Bking, and still had a TL/SV 1000 calling my name. Well I found exacly what I was looking for a 03 naked SV1000, Yoshi pipes, in excellent condition considering the year, and the miles are reasonable at less than 28K. The only problem is shipping from San Fran to Pocatello Idaho is running $800 to $850. Well I guess a ROAD TRIP is coming March 1st. I'm super excited to pick this bike up, its going in the garage with my 06 Yamaha Warrior 1700, 14 Triumph Tiger XC SE (For Sell). This looks to be a great forum, cant wait to pick this ride up.

Cheers Eric

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I used to have a naked sv1k. Did everything on that bike from track days to touring, great bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Nice. Let me know if you want any road advice around here. Probably gonna be limited options once you're in the Sierras, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had my 03 SV1000 K3 (naked) for six years and really enjoy it. All stock except for a Givi windshield and Sargent seat with almost 20,000 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drove 1650 Miles from Pocatello Idaho to Pacifica CA. Doubled back to Livermore CA, Picked up the sv1000, put it on the back of my Toyota Sequoia, Donner was a JOKE on Sunday, took 7 hours to get over the top to Reno, Saw a fatal wreck east of Sparks NV.

Mind you I left on Saturday at 2PM from home and was back home today about 1:50pm, round trip in under 48 hours, can you say
"CANNONBALL RUN" 2019 Winter Extreme Rally!!!

The Best part was getting it cleaned up from all the road slop, putting it in my garage, and firing it up. SPRING cant come fast enough.

I have to give a huge compliment to Stephen in Livermore CA. He took great care of this SV1000, was a absolute pleasure to deal with.,

Well thats the story, drive, drive, drive, stuck on a mountain pass forever, drive some more, now its TIME TO RIDE!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
You might shop around for shippers. I shipped my 650 from LA to Philly for less than that! If the time frame is loose, the price goes down a lot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the club.I own myself copper SV1K! Have plenty of fun with it, great bikes, just keep an eye on weak spots. I used yrs ago ForwardAir...paid 350 buck to ship bike from Jacksonville FL to Philly PA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts