Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about doing the muffler chop, but I still don't like the diameter of the stock can. It actually bothers me more than the length.

I was flipping through the JC Whitney catalog and saw these mufflers.

What do you think about them?

I am thinking mainly about the Shorty Seamless Megaphone, it has a removable baffle, so I could easily add or remove packing material to adjust the sound a little.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think those JC Whitney pipes might end up being more trouble than they are worth. Try looking on ebay, you can usually find a good price on a slip-on that is made for the bike and would be easy to install.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to check out all options and most other ones look to be about the same diameter at the stocker.

I like the look Remus that Jay has but as my wife keeps telling me I'm a cheap *******, and won't pay >$150 for a new exhaust that looks almost as bad, just to make it sound better..

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have seen used yosh slip-ons on ebay for about $150-200, so keep your eves open, ill let you know if I come across any

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just buy my Yosh TRS Can on the classifieds. No mid pipe but your local muffler guy could flare an end and make it work! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
how do you like that TRS? I have seen some guys trash talking yoshi, but I like the look of them... how do they sound?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Viper Micro

http://www.flyncycle.net/SV650_s/955.htm

On sale for $209.99 but you gotta buy the link pipe kit $64.99

I had some mid pipe issues with my first gen but know a few guys on here that have them on 2nd gen's no probs...

Sounds great IMO

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
how do you like that TRS? I have seen some guys trash talking yoshi, but I like the look of them... how do they sound?
I love it.

It sounds awesome, too. Great twin rumble but not overly loud. I drove into the the local 'Zuki Dealer a few weeks ago and had to drive past the service bays to get to the front of the store as I pulled into the lot. 3 of their mechanics came into the showroom when I was trying on a jacket and asked if that was my silver SV. I confessed and they all said "DUDE, that thing sounds awesome...what pipe is on it?"

I get that a lot.

Why would someone bash Yosh? They would obviously be ignorant to the fact of what Yosh R&D has done for the developement of hi-perf bikes. They have an incredibly tight operation out here in California and I can gaurantee, you won't get better service if you're a customer. Compare that to most of the others out there. You can make one quick phone call to Yosh and have any single part of there exhausts on it's way to you that day. I doubt I will ever have another brand of exhaust.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
The jury is still out on these Delkevic exhausts, but check out this thread:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=93792

$130 for a new shorty stainless steel exhaust is as cheap as you are going to find. The equivalent Viper is the next cheapest, and it's $275. Scorpion is probably the next brand up, in terms of price.

Generally, the used Yosh, M4, etc., cans on eBay are in the $250-350 range, unless they're rashed, dented, missing parts, or need a repacking. There are exceptions, but like everything else on eBay, you have to get lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts