Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful weekend, trying to get in some last second quality riding time. Hit some of the good roads around here, went fine, nothing special. Last turn before my house, sharp left hander, taken millions of times, estimated speed 65mph. Back tire lost it at max lean, and asphalt surfing I go. I'll try to make things short for the time being, full leathers protected me, everythings good to go except my hand (cheapss JR Phoenix summer gloves, -1 for them!). Bike, lost the left rearset, my mirror and bar end, nates slider WORKED GREAT, radiator is fine, tail section is busted up but I was going to get a solo tail anyways, I was going to wait....but oh well. I'm going to revisit the turn to take pics. I'll update later.

Edit: Check here for gear review and pics on the crash tested gear http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=48911.0

G

·
Re: Extra extra Evilbologna eats pavement!

Damn that sucks, but REALLY nice that you were wearing full leathers. I want pics now!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts

Yea... so... that 180 tire works great, huh? ;D

Glad you're OK, full elathers and sliders defly do the trick for you and bike. ;)

If you're gonna try something tricktastic with the new tail and need a hand just let me know. I have a MIG welder, band saw and *lots* of imagination 8)

Don't pull a (other) Nate... WE WANT PICS!!! :eek: ;D

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well I did some crime scene investigation...

Theres my marks in the road, the rear tire broke loose VERY close to that oil splatter. Although the splatter is not in my lane, I have reason to believe theres hidden residue, cause that's all that could've happened. I wasn't near the edge of my tire, nothing was scraping.

I take the turn all the time at about 55mph and thats relaxed. Today it was about 65mph when I ate it.

^I am standing where I ended up, surprisingly my bike was only 5 feet away. Its unbelievable how light the SV is you've got an adrenaline rush, I lifted it so quick I almost throw it over to it's other side.

Forunately for me, I was pavement surfing for maybe 50 some feet, the rest was gravel/grass. Damage to bike:

ONLY DAMAGE TO ME THANK GOD FOR FULL LEATHERS!

Weird, its a burn...not rash, eh.

I'll be back up soon, the bike is ride-able once I bend the shifter back. And a nights rest or two, a lil sore cause I tumbled pretty hard once I hit the gravel.

Oh yeah, one more thing, FUCK THE WORLD, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE stopped. Yeah like no one saw or heard me. People outside weeding their gardens, pff, didn't see or hear. Cars passing by, nothing. Dozen harley riders, nothing.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Re: Extra extra Evilbologna eats pavement! With pics

damn dude .... that sucks

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts

evilbologna said:
What little kid?
I believe that would be the guardian angel.

edit added coz I hit post too fast: Glad you're alright, making me rethink my commitment to my Pheonix gloves. They're comfy and cool, but not worth rash or burns

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

MagpieTear said:
I believe that would be the guardian angel.

edit added coz I hit post too fast: Glad you're alright, making me rethink my commitment to my Pheonix gloves. They're comfy and cool, but not worth rash or burns
Yea they SUCK! Funny, in a few days my full leather gauntlet Cortech gloves would've been here ::) If ya want I can take a pic of the glove, its absolutely shredded. My hands didnt hit the pavement actually, I was so close to the pavement already before my tire broke loose, there wasnt much impact, just WEEEEEEEE surfing! I placed my left hand on the pavement to prop my upper body up to watch where I was heading at 40+mph, I even had enough time to let out a sigh of relief to see a nice grassy lawn with no ditch, no signs trees or anything. Definately a great outcome.

Update also, my SV is back on the road already. Just some bending and tweaking and shes good to go.

·
Registered
836 Posts

You made it out great...though admittedly that's an awesome curve to crash in. Your bike's in great shape for a 65 mph lowside as well. A solo tail will really do it a lot of justice if you decide to switch to that. Personally though, I think you should take Donnie up on his offer of services, he has a gixxer 600 tail which I think will look beautiful on a 2nd gen SV.

I got a similar 2nd degree burn right underneath my pinky when I lowsided at 45(wearing no gloves). Don't pop the blister...it aids the healing process and produces a natural anesthetic as well as prevents infection. Did the gloves wear through? You seem to buy all the same gear I've bought...so perhaps I'll recommend you buy the teknic lightning gloves from Newenough.com. They have a CF knuckle protector and full leather construction...I think they're great gloves for the money. You already have the jacket anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ben_JamminVFCC said:
   I got a similar 2nd degree burn right underneath my pinky when I lowsided at 45(wearing no gloves).  Don't pop the blister...it aids the healing process and produces a natural anesthetic as well as prevents infection.  Did the gloves wear through?  You seem to buy all the same gear I've bought...so perhaps I'll recommend you buy the teknic lightning gloves from Newenough.com.  They have a CF knuckle protector and full leather construction...I think they're great gloves for the money.  You already have the jacket anyway.

This burn is starting to look worse, but I've been burned WAY worse before, so I'll manage. If ya read my last response, I got some full leather gauntlet gloves from Cortech (somewhere on newenough.com) coming in the mail. So at least we wont have exact same gear :) just a shame those gloves didnt get here yet. I'm very happy on the inside in terms of aftermath, hell I already took my bike back out and its good to go except cosmetics.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Damn Nate, sorry to hear that, at least you're ok. And now you have a project.

Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Don't pop the blister...it aids the healing process and produces a natural anesthetic as well as prevents infection.
I triple dog dare you to pop it.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Turd Ferguson said:
I triple dog dare you to pop it.
I've had alot of burn blisters before, I KNOW better, so nuh huh not gonna pop it nanana done.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rivited said:
Not cool. But, welcome to the club.
In a sick way, it wasnt THAT bad at all. One of my first few thoughts was "heh, this must be what it feels like to be Brad".

As for the guy in those pics, thats my Dad. He had to come out and check it out, mandatory parental requirement.

·
Registered
139 Posts
evilbologna said:
In a sick way, it wasnt THAT bad at all. One of my first few thoughts was "heh, this must be what it feels like to be Brad".
;D ;D Yeah, as long as there's nothing in your way and the damage to the bike isn't that bad, lowsides are no big deal. Had a smile on my face right after both of mine. Hell the second one, I was trying to stand the bike up before we stopped sliding. Just makes ya wanna ride harder and better. Glad you're ok though!

·
Registered
397 Posts
man sorri to hear about your bike...you should never wear cheap mesh gloves...those things NEVER hold up...I'm not suprised about the burn though, at least your glove didn't fall apart. burns hurt...hope you get your bike fixed soon and injuries healed.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts