Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
well duh its a goldwing, of course its heavy!

:)
Yeah I'm gonna guess J is talking about the trailer attachment thing on the back of the bike.

And if it's a repost I never saw the original thread so I think this is cool as ****!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
that's no japanese. that would be chinese.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Yeah I'm gonna guess J is talking about the trailer attachment thing on the back of the bike.

And if it's a repost I never saw the original thread so I think this is cool as ****!!
Bingo.

You're adding enough metal to support the heavy end of a car and drag it around to bike that's already 895 to 928 lbs (depending on options), making for one beast of a motorcycle.

Still, it's pretty darn cool.

Edit: I'm curious it the tow package allows you to lean the 'Wing, or if it turns the bike into a big heavy ass trike.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Wow, imagine the increase in stopping distance with a 3,000lb car in tow!

That's asking an awful lot of the tires and brakes on that motorcycle...not to mention the drivetrain.

That's like the answer to a question nobody asked...

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I think the idea is to have a tow vehicle that's small enough to get through a traffic jam caused by the broken-down vehicle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bingo.

You're adding enough metal to support the heavy end of a car and drag it around to bike that's already 895 to 928 lbs (depending on options), making for one beast of a motorcycle.

Still, it's pretty darn cool.

Edit: I'm curious it the tow package allows you to lean the 'Wing, or if it turns the bike into a big heavy ass trike.
would you really want to lean something like that? lol

Wow, imagine the increase in stopping distance with a 3,000lb car in tow!

That's asking an awful lot of the tires and brakes on that motorcycle...not to mention the drivetrain.

that's the first thing that came into my mind. abrupt stops anyone?

·
Registered
601 Posts
that sort of innovative spirit used to be in america in our auto industry but somehow got lost and replaced with "freedom/pride/etc" as an excuse for producing inferior machines :(

i'mma shut up but thats frickin cool....

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
looks like disc brakes on the trailer wheels.
I noticed that on further inspection. Still you're slowing down the additional weight of an entire car using two trailer tires.

And unless there are motors driving those wheels on the dolly you're putting a lot of extra demand on the motorcycle drivetrain and rear tire.

My first real job was picking up and delivering rental cars using a tow dolly hitched to a 1/2 ton single cab short bed pickup truck. I towed Dodge mini-vans with that rig and let me tell you, you could really get in trouble with that extra weight back there if you're not paying attention.

I'd hate to be on that rig if things started to go wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.