Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made this setup for my friends '05. Speedpac molded into the stock seat cowl.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
almost looks like that stubby body work thats popular over in the u.k.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dackler said:
A+ for originality.
Care to give us some details on how you did it, and what a speedpack is?
I think one of those would go better with the lines of a 1st gen.
Excellent point, but my friend has the genII.

The Speedpac is from a company called Shook Design. It's a motorcycle backpack made from ABS plastic. I temporarily mounted it to the fact. rear seat cowl for alignment, then epoxied the two together. I then proceeded to mold the two together by using automotive bumper  repair material (for flexibility) and a small amount of body filler. No fiberglass was used in this piece, unlike the one I made for my FJR.  Well...only a small piece of fiberglass "backer" was used to hold the bumper epoxy together.
Sand, prime, sand, prime. etc etc. Then off to the bodyshop for paint. I also made the best of available room by putting in a 3" X 5" X 5" deep well in the center for a little more space.

This is what I used....
http://www.speed-pac.com/

I respect all the mixed reviews. Taking into consideration this bike is used for sport touring, my friend wanted storage that was more than just a bunch of nylon bags hanging all over the bike. The major thought behind it was to create storage that couldn't be easily "removed" from the bike.  Any SV owners in/around NJ will be sure to see it around on the backroads of NY/NJ/PA come this spring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like it alot. I travel alot and that would be very handy! Might look into that. Thanks alot and good job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.