Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember last year hearing a few people talk about how the SV kinda reminded them of a dirt bike and thought it was a dual sport bike.... well apparently this notion is not far from being true... see link below

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~sv650/Frame Enduro.html

:shock: :lol:

myabe I will get another SV and do this mod for trail riding :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah that would be a fun project. But I'm afraid that a good deal of "repost" lashing will take place from here on out. :shock: :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
I think it would be super sweet to buy the kit and a crashed sv650. Bring it back to life. 8)

Anyone have any estimates at what it would cost?

·
Registered
836 Posts
For $1900 that kit is an absolute steal:

He is selling the entire kit for enduro : $ 1900

This kit include the following parts:
Front wheel with disk brake and special axel ( 21 inch )
Front fork Marzocchi Magnum 45 (tr.TU Gold)
Home made aluminum alloy triple clamp ( very expensive labor )
Brake system complete ( Nissing )
Rear Shock Absorber with spring
Rear brake system with aluminum brake support ( home made )
Rear wheels with disk brake and special axel and rear sprocket spacer ( 18 inch )
Left and right footpad with aluminum support and links ( very expensive labor )
Aluminum seat support
Aluminum battery support including special extra powerful light battery (KTM Yuasa )
Seat and rear fender ( Husaberg )
Front and rear sprockets ( 14 / 50 ) including Regina gold OR chain 420
2 link for rear arm
Chain guard
Carbon/Kevlar Gas tank ( 7.5 liters )
Carbon Silencer ( very loud )
Hand Guard and front light
Skid Plate

·
Registered
476 Posts
suzuki already makes an ugly adventure bike with the sv engine in it (the bike and it's name are as forgettable as what i had for breakfast). i'll admit though this kit is sexy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
V-strom.....and I think it'd looked cool if it was stripped down and had some halogen fogs thrown on it, with some heavy duty grills...and just badass accessories.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That would be a ton of fun! A dirt bike with 70 hp! It would be a little big and heavy for tight wooded trails, but otherwise, it would be a blast to ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It makes you wonder why the guy is selling the parts for his racebike. Honestly I don't see anyone using 80 hp to full potential unless you're running across a dry lake bed or something. Johnny Campbell's XR650R tops over 100 mph, geared to high heavens, and still pulls. I can't imagine what this beast could do in an open desert race.

I'd like to see his race results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is australian dollars. So for US currancy... double it. (roughly)
What planet are you living on? Don't you know that they call the Aussie $ the pacific pesos?? For the last few years it has been at about 50 cents US and has just crawled up to 70cents which would make it considerabley cheaper the $1900.......if he was from australia that is, from memory he is from Italy....or Austria maybe? :roll:

·
Registered
2 Posts
^^
Wow I was in a bitch of a mood that day lol. Hi all, back after a long absence, wondering if anyone has seen any other incarnations of this bike? I am back in the bush and my bike is in a million pieces and would love to do this to it.

Do you think you could get spoked wheels from a wrecker/breaker whatever you call them over there and they would hold up to the power?
Also heard of SV's frame cracking at the stearing head, do you think I could jump tripples on it? What about swingarm length, wouldn't it need to be longer to get the best out of it?
How hard would it be to make a tank? What about modding an existing dirtbike tank to fit, if you heated one it would become mallable yeah? if you got something close.....
Oh yeah, and a supercharger please
;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Randy,

Nice setup you've got there. How does it handle in the combination of dirt and snow? I like those tires.

Zak

·
Registered
55 Posts
BJ said:
What planet are you living on? Don't you know that they call the Aussie $ the pacific pesos?? For the last few years it has been at about 50 cents US and has just crawled up to 70cents which would make it considerabley cheaper the $1900.......if he was from australia that is, from memory he is from Italy....or Austria maybe?  :roll:
The flag on his website is australian. So any guess as to how much that is in U.S. currency?

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Coming from an avid dirt bike enthusiast, that bike wouldn't last 2 laps in an enduro !!! While it looks very sweet, and the power would be insane, it needs more modifications. The engine is too exposed on the bottom and up front. I can tell you from riding off road most of my adult life, the skid plates on my dirt bikes look like they've gone through war. The engine on the SV would be punished so badly because there is no engine cradle beneath it and it's so exposed. The first gnarly log crossing would be all she wrote for that engine !!! If they could find a way to modify some frame rails beneath the engine and add a skid plate, it would be an interesting ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts