Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading Wacky's post about the handlebar swapping made me wonder... did you ever do a mod that you just had to undo?
If so, what was it?

None for me yet, but I'm sure the day will come...

·
Registered
326 Posts
None yet.

I am not going to ever touch the engine on this bike or it's controls. This will limit me to a slip on exhaust so I am fine with that.

I was a little nervous doing the F3 rear wheel on a brand new bike but it all turned out awesome.

I have been a mechanic all my life so doing the mods is not a worry for me but when you take something and modify every aspect of it 75% of the time or more the end product is cool but not very enjoyable anymore.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've done just about every mod in the book, but none of them I regret. I think the key to modding anything is research. Do not buy the first thing you see and slap it on, get some reviews and find out if it is a good quality product.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great advice Red.......

·
Registered
745 Posts
I regretted painting my side plastics yellow. Go to the photo album and do a search for WeezerKDI, you'll see what I mean. ;D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah I agree, you have to do your research... not only to know how to do the mod, but what you can realistically expect to get from the mod. I too was nervous fitting the F3 wheel to my bike... mainly because it really wasn't designed to go on the SV. But I took my time and got some very good expert guidance. Now that its on I'm extremely happy with it, and confident that the job's been done right and won't let me down.

That's how all my mods have gone.

Next up: Vortex adjustable rearsets and hopefully soon I'll get my damn GSX-R front installed. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
kingnothing said:
depends on the day. somedays I kinda regret the silver windscreen, somedays...not.... Good topic.....
Should have gone black, eh? I wouldn't regret it if I was you.. I liked the silver in the picture.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I regret doing such a botch job of cleaning up the right hand Blade clipon, I'll probably end up replacing it. Also, I wish I'd put one more tooth on the rear sprocket- next time! Other than that, it's all been good. It's been expensive, mind... And certainly not economically worthwhile if you know what I mean- for what I've spent I could have bought a nice used Mille :) Still, I think I'd rather have probably the best damn SV in the country than just another Mille.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I tried drilling my stock pipe to make it louder and broke the drill bit off in the pipe....I regreted that. that is kind of a dumb mod anyway but I was bored.

other than jetting changes that I went back and forth with I don't think so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Flush mounts on my last bike. In VA they won't pass safety inspection. So I'd end up going to a gas station where they didn't care. I like actually having someone else inspect my bike.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Plenty on other bikes , not on this one yet.
Mostly when they went wrong though.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I'm considering putting my stock exaust back on

my V& H is getting loud, I have mixed feelings about that, but with price of fuel going up, the 15-20% loss in fuel economy has me thinking

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After reading through the thread, I did think of something that almost classified as a bad mod. I bought an 03 hugger on ebay, not realizing it wouldn't fit an 04. Got it cheap, sanded it down, filled the scratches from the first owner, and did a nice satin black paint job on it. Went to install it and it didn't fit. Fortunately, T-Bone bought it off of me, so I only lost time, but not money.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
RandyO said:
I'm considering putting my stock exaust back on

+1 I love the sound, looks, and weight of my M4 but I really miss the power loss on the low end cause of it. I'm probably going to get Holeshot's connector to put the stock pipe back on.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have done a few I might not have done again, but there have been none that I just had to swap back... in fact I haven't changed any of them back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can say I haven't done any yet that I have regretted, but the former owner of the bike put on a fender eliminator kit that I am definitely going to switch out. I think it is the one you can order from Suzuki, I don't know where he got it but in my opinion its not much better than the shovel. I have toyed with the idea of changing the color from silver to yellow. I have seen a lot of the yellow nakeds and really like how they look. Not to mention the fact that the cagers can see you a bit better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts