Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really try to use non-ethanol when I can help it, I've only run 10% ethanol once or twice while in a pinch, ethanol free gasoline is pretty common around where I live in upstate NY. I don't think ethanol will do any damage as long as you don't leave it for a long while without stabilizer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rise from your grave…..

I don’t put E10 in my bike either. There is a gas station about 5 minutes from the house that has non ethanol 87 so it’s easy enough to get. It’s the same price as premium tho so that’s not so cool.
I use it in all my small engines lawn mower, go carts, mini bikes, and motorcycles. They have a higher chance of sitting for a while with fuel in them so it’s a safer route. Of course if I’m out and about I’ll throw E10 in if there is no other option. I just make sure to run it all out in a few days or put in stabilizer if I know it will sit long term. Can’t say I’ve noticed any difference beyond losing a mpg or two with E10.

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
I just ran some ethanol-free 91 octane with stabilizer in the dirt bike that was over 2 years old.

Ran fine.

Stored in a closed can, which is better than in the tank. A closed can doesn't allow the fuel to lose volatility, like it will if it's vented.

I do drain the floatbowls on the dirt bikes while they are sitting, and they fire right up.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,279 Posts
i'll keep my eye on the dates
No worries here. You revived an old thread, and a lot of members are participating. That's a good thing. Rummaging through old threads for info gems is part of the fun here.

Reactions: Straticus
41 - 50 of 50 Posts