1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I just died a little inside

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Yea that's my local dealer. I have them on Facebook and a bunch of us commented on the photo when they posted it that it was a waste of a good Repsol! They didn't like that but it was the truth!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Reminds me of this Moster I saw the other day...

That Repsol just hurts though... Such beauty wasted.
I wonder if anyone actually bought it or if they just pulled the listing since it says just says it has "ended"...

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Should be moved to the Sleek Deals thread.

:facepalm:

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
20 Posts
Idk what's more surprising. The fact that someone would do that or the fact that it allegedly sold for like 20k+.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow! That has got to be one of the most hideous looking bikes I have ever seen. Its a shocker that no one has bought it especially at that price :evil6:.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Some rich guy should buy it and crush it just to do the world a favor.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
It could've been created by/for somebody with a disability that just really needed to fulfill a dream.
As far as I know the company in Madison who did the conversion bought the Repsol to use it as a selling point of what they can do and tried to sell it. They failed to sell it so the dealer bought it back in it's current state. I doubt they sold it. They prolly pulled it. I could understand a basic 600 or 1000 but when they chose the Repsol that I always looked at I was disappointed.

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
there's a QUADED busa running around philly somewhere.
looks roughly like this, though that's a banshee or something wearing a busa dress...

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
According to the eBay listing, it's "very unique."
:cringe:

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I'm curious about the geometry. To me, the rear wheels look too widely set apart. Is there some rule of thumb or algorithm that determines where a tri-bike's tires need to sit for the suspension to work efficiently and safely?

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
I'm curious about the geometry. To me, the rear wheels look too widely set apart. Is there some rule of thumb or algorithm that determines where a tri-bike's tires need to sit for the suspension to work efficiently and safely?
the problem with trikes and hacks is that they're steered like a car or quad, and not leaned. In a turn it actively tries to flip over/throw the rider. So the wider you can get it, the less likely it will be to flip over. The narrower it is, the more likelyhood of turning into a 2-wheeler and making the turn even weirder.

trikes that lean like motorcycles have kinda been the holy grail for a while and nobody seems to have gotten them quite right yet.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
the problem with trikes and hacks is that they're steered like a car or quad, and not leaned. In a turn it actively tries to flip over/throw the rider. So the wider you can get it, the less likely it will be to flip over. The narrower it is, the more likelyhood of turning into a 2-wheeler and making the turn even weirder.
Yeah. I understand that. That's why those off-road three wheelers all got replaced with 4 wheelers. (Well, not ALL. Where's that video of the 3 wheeler on the Dragon?))

I'm sure that lowering the CG would allow the rear wheels to be placed closer together. Think of the stability of a regular kids' tricycle vs. a Big Wheel. Maybe the CG height is the limiting factor?

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
Yeah. I understand that. That's why those off-road three wheelers all got replaced with 4 wheelers. (Well, not ALL. Where's that video of the 3 wheeler on the Dragon?))
those offroad ones have killed too many people. they liked to roll over on a whim (too short and narrow a wheelbase for any kind of stability)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts