Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be visiting the area on my way to Mid-Ohio race track for AMA Superbike in a couple of weeks. Can anybody recommend any gear shops. Most likely looking for leathers (jacket and pants).

:lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Cycle City (Buffalo Road/26th St) may have something, but Erie has some seriously slim pickens as far as motorcycle stuff goes.

I'd call before I bothered checking anywhere else. Street Track and Trail in Conneaut Lake is pretty good (don't remember how much they have in the way of leathers though).

·
Registered
13 Posts
As an Erie native I can tell you Erie has several cycle shops but none of them really have a good selection of riding gear.
I definitly wouldn't go to Cycle City. Lots of people I know, as well as myself, have had far too many bad experiences with these jokers. Street Track and Trail is generally considered to be a pretty good shop to do business with. and they probably have the biggest selection of riding gear of anyplace in this area.

Walker

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Cycle City = Shady... I bought my SV there.. and that's about it... But not with out a fight. Like them adding accesories... after I paid for a stock bike and then adding labor to add them on...

But for Erie... ST&T is the best...

Cleveland... State 8 for the largest selection of gear... but they are sometimes shady too... I just don't dig their attitudes.. but they do have the cheapest prices on bikes around.

Cleveland/Akron Honda is a good one from what I've heard.

Roush Motorsports in Medina is another good one. It's a small shop, but they usually have some good JR gear in there. Check with Ruefus (he works there...)

You can find all of these on the web too.

If you want the largest selection.. go to Iron Pony in Columbus or Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio. Iron Pony is about 1 hour south of the Track.. but it's huge inside. Competion Accesories is about 1.5 hours and is a large shop too. I'd suggest Iron Pony.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Erie. They are pretty correct with the Cycle City comments. Not too many repeat customers there. No one around here has anything in stock and that is a fact.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Iron Pony is the shit.(IMO) They resently moved to an old K-Mart, it is huge, tons of gear to choose from.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Cleveland Akron Honda has a decent selection, but they are not cheap. You may have better luck waiting until the races, as many vendors have stands set up and have special "event" pricing. Sometimes, you can find gear that no one has in stock locally, and get to try it on. If nothing else, you can try on a bunch of stuff, then order the right size off the net if you have to.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Check Performance Accessories in mentor Ohio. Mostly online sales but they do have a small store with great selection. Great prices too.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
replying to a thread over 5yrs old... Did you try to find the oldest one you could?
WOW...weird.
I swear this was one of the top threads on my Droid. I didn't even LOOK at the dates.

???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts