Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 10-7-04... I just got home and took my 1940 Dodge for a ride to see some friends. When I got back a few hours later my Blue, naked 2000 was gone. It was parked in my driveway which is in a closed alley (one block long, only one way in/out) and it had a lock around the frame and rear wheel locked to nothing but itself. I never saw the bike again, the pics below are all that remains of it....

Exactly one week later I bought my black, naked 2002. My 2000 was a wreck too but it wasn't bad, just needed a subframe and some small stuff, the 2002 was bad. It had a busted tab on the frame, the tail was FUBAR'd and many parts were already sold off it... However it was what I could afford and I knew if I didn't buy it I may never buy another SV and may therefore also loose my inspiration to race again. So after fierce hagglling I got it for $1800.
I decided not to simply repair it has I had done with my 2000, I decided to test my skillz and attempt to fabricate as much as possible on my own. Many of you may remember my "Operatin Streetfighter" threads but for those of you that don't here's a few of the pics.

I deeply miss my 2000 and feel that perhaps the 6 months of my life that I invested in the 2002 was too high of a price... but now the bike is 'done' and is truely a reflection of me, not to mention all I've learned. The new bike now lives inside my LOCKED garage!

the 2000...

The Fightered 2002...

The entire archive of my work on this bike can be found at
http://www.warriorscentral.com/sv02/
(raw FTP, no HTML)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Good work!

Some interesting approaches you took towards rebuilding!

Like your taste and your style.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Nice job!

I can't imagine coming home and finding Blue gone. I'd be ticked and on the hunt.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You know, I've seen pics of your bike before, and I'm more impressed with it every time I do. Really excellent work, man. When are you making it a GreaseBike? ;D

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben Jammin' said:
Donnie....so you still have ambitions to race again?
Yes, I got my ass *kicked* the 2 seasons I raced.... There's no way I can quit it until I prove to myself that I can do it!

If it weren't for my desire to race again I'd probably just kept riding my 76 CB750...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts